Epilogue

Poseidon loved her, even in his absence.

When Sally got pregnant, she had no idea how to tell Poseidon without risking their relationship. But Poseidon watched as best as he could. From afar, but the hurtful look on his face told her everything she needed to know when he came to tell her what to do when you were carrying an heir of the sea. There was so much to consider, so much danger and hurt that would come to Perseus – Percy's – way. Forced would want to kill him and prevent him from turning sixteen.

He could not interfere with her life now that she was with a child. The Fates would stop it, and he would become like any hands-off Olympian parent. He didn't want it, but there were forces at play that he could not intervene with.

He had but a last cryptic message to her. Send the child to camp when it was older.

She was stubborn and wanted to keep her son around for as long as possible. She named him Perseus, perhaps to anger Zeus, but also because Perseus was the only happy demigod.

First, there was Gabe. The guy that Anne wanted to introduce her to. She rekindled her friendship with Anne when Percy was born, but when Gabe was not the man Anne promised he would be, she ended their friendship entirely. But she kept him around simply because he stunk of alcohol and urine. It allowed Percy to be safe.

And when she needed a way out, Poseidon gave her the tool she needed—a silent gift once more.

The second time, she lucked out. Paul Blofis, Poseidon laughed at the last name, and as weird as it was to have the two men in the same room at Percy's birthday, it reminded her that life did go on. They got married, and Paul was even more understanding of that summer romance she had sixteen years ago, and loved Percy like his own son (though he never said it out loud). Even when her son was constantly in danger, it soon faded, and the monsters didn't hurt him anymore. Her house became a centre for demigods and gods (even though Apollo was mortal when he visited) whenever they needed help and she provided as much aid as she could. She wrote that book. And another.

She got what she wanted.