9• The countryside

I woke up late and still felt like I haven't slept. 

Seeing as though we had to leave early to get to the countryside on time.

Walking next to J'ai, I frowned at him as he kept that knowing smirk on his face.

It's quite obvious that we were active last night. It shows in my walk.

Hopping a bit with a little soreness involved.

I ditch the panties and wore a small shorts underneath my dress instead.

I sat on the very back seat and away from J'ai who I pushed to the front.

He didn't look happy about it and still joined me behind his brother and sister-in-law who sat in the middle.

"What did I do?" He asked as if he doesn't already know. "Babe?"

I looked at his face and he stares back at mine.

Without saying anything else, David began our journey. He chatted with Zac and Lilly who asked lots of questions.

This one listened but stayed quiet because I'm moody.

We even got to buy breakfast on the way, and I'm just happy that I haven't been feeling sick by the food.

Feeling this child growing inside me is so weird that I don't know what to think. Even my tummy feels a little heavier and harder, yet I can't imagine how it will be in a few months as I'm already over two months pregnant.

Reaching our destination after passing so much bush, I rushed out to use my grandma's bathroom.

"Tawana!" She greets as she's already standing on her verandah expecting us.

I gave her a quick hug. "Mih wah wee-wee, grandma."

She rushes me inside.

I happily relieved myself and it felt like an whole hour has passed.

As I exit, my hands being wet as I forgot to wipe my hands on the towel. I exit her house to see everyone comfortably seated on the large verandah.

"Mih can get a better hug now grandma?" I smiled.

She playfully hissed and stood, hugging me better.

Afterwards I sat next to J'ai as the look he's giving me was a silent request.

Just how I had him close while meeting his family, I wanted the same for him when meeting mine.

He conversation they were having has resumed and I'm silently dying with laugher at the way grandma was talking.

She understands English, but with her accent it was a bit funny. They were all trying to understand each other.

A weh daddy deh fih hear him mada a twang.

I looked at David and he too was hiding his laugher.

"Tawana!" The voice of my big germy cousin Lexi.

She walks into grandma yard holding her little sister nastily on her hip.

The poor baby looks unkept.

"Yuh bathe Jenny from morning?" Grandma asked her the question I had in mind.

It's after eight.

The child had dried drool on her face and her diaper looked full with urine.

Shi come fih disgrace wih.

Fih disgrace mih!

"Not yet." She stopped and didn't climbed the stairs. "Mommy a ask if yuh have any ginger?"