Chapter 8 | ASSAULT! Dragon vs. God

[->|<-3rd Person POV->|<-]

Last time on Zodiac Odyssey. After a grueling battle, Rin has obtained victory and defeated his sister, Meihu, in an exhibition match. Right after, mysterious individuals suddenly revealed themselves to Nei while she was using her clairvoyant abilities. Which was then followed up with a large army of shuuki quickly approaching the seventh unit dorms and leading them was a large man-like being.

 Which was then followed up with a large army of shuuki quickly approaching the seventh unit dorms and leading them was a large man-like being

Those who were still within Ginna Bizen's barrier watched as many shuuki attacked and banged onto the invisible walls of the shield...

[Ginna]: "You can totally relax! My barrier is basically impenetrable!" She spoke confidently.

However, that was about to change. The giant man approached the barrier...

[???]: "This flimsy thing is supposed to be a barrier?! How PATHETIC!!"

[Himari]: "A humanoid?!" She said, thinking that the giant man-like being was a humanoid shuuki.

[Rairen]: "The absurdity fills me, Rairen, with THUNDEROUS JOY!!!"

The giant man-like being, now revealed his name to be Rairen, reared his head back and then unleashed a powerful blasting attack from his mouth. His attack instantly shatters Ginna's barrier ability, shattering it as if it were just a piece of common glass. And as he did so, his laughter echoed throughout...

[Ginna]: "NO WAY?!! It cracked the barrier!!!" She said as her eyes were enlarged.

[Kyouka]: "We're calling off the exhibition matches! Those who can still fight, prepare for battle! Tenka, get Ginna and Nei out of here!"

[Tenka]: "On it!" She said as she grabbed the two non-combatants and teleported away.

[Himari]: "What about Rin and Meihu?! They still need to rest from the last fight."

[Kyouka]: "They seem to be just fine, look."

[Himari]: "Huh?!"