Chapter 35_This isn't like the movie

Arden's POV

I'm now on my way home.

Dianne still refused to sign the papers.

"You want me to talk to her?" Dad's on the phone.

He knows my problems well.

They actually love Irene and wanted Irene for me.

They know how I suffer because of Dianne.

They don't want me to be in hell again.

I can still remember their happy faces when I went home after years of running away.

Flashback(Arden's POV)

"Dear Mi hijo! Finally, you're back!" Dad and Mom hugged me tight.

"We missed you so much! Where have you been?!" Mom asked.

I just smiled at them.

"Well, let's say I tried to find my 'the one'?" I smiled at them.

"Oh my goodness! You're smiling again, dear!" Mom's now teary-eyed.

"Because I found another reason, Mom."

And so, I told them about Irene.

"What, you mean you're going to marry her? But you're still married to Dianne, right?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, but I know she will sign the divorce papers right away. I'm sure she's happy living with Matthew right?" I said.

Their smiles fade.

"Haven't you heard the news?"They look at me worryingly

Son, Dianne's...her memory
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
came back."

Yes, Matthew actually told me.

I was a bit shock that Matthew became our President's secretary.

"Then what about that?" I asked confused.

"Dear, she's been visiting us from time to time. She's asking us forgiveness every day. I thought you're back because you knew." Mom answered.

My eyebrows raised.

And so, Mom and Dad were right.

Dianne refused to sign the divorce papers.

She doesn't want to break our marriage and starts a new.

...

"No! I don't love you any more Dianne. I'm getting married!" I yell at her when she visits our home the moment she heard I came back.

"But I still love you, baby! Why can't you understand? Why did you leave? I thought you said in our wedding vows that you're going to fight every battle with me? Why did you leave me alone?" She's crying now.

"No, it wasn't me who leaves you. It was you, you can't remember? And now you're saying this like nothing had happened? Sign the divorce papers now, I want to marry Irene." I said in full determination.

"No! I won't sign it. Please, let's give us some chance too." She kneeled.

But hell no.

"I can't live without Irene." I said, then left her there.

I'm going to marry Irene, whatever happened.

"So you're going to fake everything?" Mom asked me with her worried eyes.

"Are you sure about this, dear? What if Irene finds this out?" Dad asked.

"I'll make sure Dad that the moment she finds this, I and Dianne are already divorced."