𝐩𝐭 𝟏.

It's 1993, I just released my second album, Blessed and Grateful Melodies, and I'm just getting so much love, I can't believe it.

In my mind, I had written this whole album by myself, with no motivation from anyone but God, but that's not what my ex-boyfriend, Maxwell thinks.

Maxwell believes that he should be credited for some of the songs, especially my hit song, Grateful Praises, but I refuse to do anything for his ungrateful ass.

I broke up with Maxwell in 1991, and I have been working on this album since 1990, one year doesn't mean he deserves a damn thing from me, especially not a credit on my album.

Plus, he got a new artist, Robin Wilson, she had all the gospel stations hooked on her until I stepped in and took over the scene. Now they're both mad and jealous of the things that God has given me.

"I can't believe I have the number one gospel hit in the world right now," I said with excitement running through my body. "I have more streams than The Clark Sisters right now, I can't believe it."

"Dionne, baby you did it by the grace of God and his favor and anointing over your life and your voice" said my husband, Clarence. We've been married since 1992 and have two beautiful children together, Jaiden and Demi Joy.

"Thank you honey," I said before giving him a kiss on his cheek. "I'm just in complete shock, I never expected me of all people to get this much attention, God's hand must really be over my life."

Just as I was celebrating with my producers and family, Maxwell and Robin walked into the label building. Victory Records was a label started by my father and mother in correlation with our church, Victory Cathedral.

"What the fuck is this?" Maxwell said slamming the album on the table. "Where the fuck is my name at Dionne?"

"Maxwell what the hell do you think you're doing? Barging up in my record label and asking dumb ass questions?" I said with a sarcastic nasty attitude. "You know your name isn't on there, you or the slut behind you" I said referring to Robin.

"Bitch I'm not no slut, I will whoop your fucking ass, right here right now, don't fucking try me Dionne!" Robin said trying to push past Maxwell.

"Try me and find out bitch, I will lay you out like I did before!" I said reassuring Robin that this indeed, is not what she wanted for her life right now.

"Dionne we used to be best friends, why are you being such a moody bitch? Acting like we didn't grow up in the same church, sing in the same choir, hell, I even sung background for your hottest track out!" Robin said trying to guilt trip me into feeling bad.

"Well Robin, this here is a competition, you should've thought about all that when you decided to go with Maxwell over to Recovering two years ago, but I guess it didn't matter then," I said sitting down in my seat. "Get the fuck out my face, before I have you arrested for trespassing."

"You will remember this Dionne, and I hope you get everything you have coming for you, and I don't mean that in a positive way, rot in hell." Maxwell said grabbing the album off the table and walking out.

"Kiss my ass Maxwell, I won't have to answer to nobody about MY ALBUM!" I said as he and Robin walked out of the office.

Maxwell and Robin had the nerve to show up to my place of business, while I was in the middle of celebrating my self made success.

"So what was that about?" Clarence said with a stern tone. Clarence would always be confused somehow, it completely baffles me.

"Nothing Clarence, let's just continue to celebrate all of our new found achievements." I said trying to change the subject.