Chapter 35

Jason Grace was having a hard time. The hunters were just using him as a slave. For God's sake, he was a god. It was not his job to do laundry that too of female clothes. The only one who trained him in combat was his sister. The rest of the hunt stayed clear of him. The goddess of the moon acted like Jason was not even present.

Lady Juno had asked him to win the heart of this goddess. How was he supposed to do that when the woman was not even there? Today morning after doing all the work that those worthless girls who did not even look at his attractive features much less get attracted to, Jason found himself training with his sister. Now Jason wanted to say he easily defeated his sister but such was not the case. Jason could barely hold himself against her. Thalia was an unparalleled fighter. She had all the makings of a champion fighter. 

It was like if Thalia and Jason fought then it was Thalia would win six out of ten times. After another hard session, Jason found himself covered with bruises and cuts. Both he and Thalia were panting. 

"You are improving little brother." Thalia said with a smile." 

Jason nodded his head and spoke, "I would do better if I were not to be treated as a slave." 

Thalia raised an eyebrow "Be grateful Jason, My Lady does not allow men into the hunt." 

She wanted to say more but was cut off. "Thalia please come and join me. I want to have an important conversation with you." The goddess of the moon said. 

Then she turned to Jason "Boy go and tend to the hunting wolves. They are restless." Jason wanted to yell at the goddess for calling him a boy but if he had to impress this goddess he had to act polite. He nodded and left to go to the wolves. He knew that the wolves would not be happy to see him. The goddess motioned to Thalia to follow.

Once they reached a place where no one could overhear them Artemis asked Thalia to sit down on a nearby rock. After both were comfortably seated the goddess began "Thalia, the things I am going to tell you now are something which I should have told you way back but it is now that I have gathered the courage to tell you. Do you know the reason why your brother has been sent on the hunt?" Thalia quickly nodded her head "So that we can train him to be a god milady." "No Thalia that is not the reason behind It." said the goddess. 

Thalia looked a bit puzzled "Then why is he here milady?" to tell the truth Thalia was so happy that she had her brother back that she did not care about anything else. The goddess took a deep breath "I think I should tell you things from the beginning. Just a few days after the Titan War our father called me to Olympus. When I got there he told me that for the future of the gods I had to end my oath." 

Thalia was truly shocked "Milady!?" the goddess continued "he gave me time one week after the summer solstice to find a suitable husband failing to do so he will choose a husband for me himself." Thalia recovered a bit "That is outrageous" she almost yelled in anger. 

"What does he think? It is an oath you have kept for eons. What does he mean by the future of gods? What about the hunt?" the goddess tried to maintain a neutral expression and spoke "his idea is set and it cannot be changed now. 

I have to find myself a husband and I have no choice. As for the hunt, the father has his plans. When Perseus was offered immortality father was convinced that he would accept it. Father planned that after that he would make you a goddess as well and no other god would question that. But to his disappointment Perseus refused and he could not go with his plan. " Thalia looked a bit surprised. 

Her father wanted to make her a goddess!? The goddess of hunt continued "he has a plan that once I am married you are to become the goddess of the hunt."