The New Pillar - Part 1: The Introduction

The hashiras were gathered at the Ubuyashiki Estate for an unusually sudden pillar meeting. Usually these meetings happen bi-annually as there isn't always new useful information on demons. There aren't any extra meetings called unless there is new dangerous information on Muzan, the Demon King, or the introduction of a new member of the hashira.

As the current 8 hashira wait for the head of the demon slayer corps, Kagaya Ubuyashiki, they split off into different groups, chatting and wondering why the Master has called such a sudden meeting.

Off to one side by a blossoming tree are the Love, Fire, Sound and Snake pillars, Mitsuri, Rengoku, Uzui and hidden in one of the tree branches, Iguro.

In another group, is the Stone, Wind and Insect pillars, Gyoumei, Sanemi and Shinobu. And as usual off to the side is the stoic Water pillar, Giyuu.

"Hey guys do you think we might be getting a new member?" Mitsuri asks the three boys around her.

"What makes you think we'll be getting a new member," says Iguro "Oyakata-sama could've called us here because of new information too."

"W-Well, it could be both reasons too! If there is going to be a new member though I really hope it's another girl!" gushes Mitsuri. "Shinobu is fun to hang out with but she's usually busy with taking care of those in the Butterfly Estate. Another girl here would be so fun!"

"If there is going to be a new member of the hashira then that would be wonderful! We should invite them to join us the next time we get together between missions!" exclaims Rengoku with his usual smile.

"Whatever they are I hope they're flamboyant, unlike that statue over there." Uzui jerks his head in Giyuu''s direction as he says this.

"I don't care, as long as they're strong............... and don't go after Mitsuri." Iguro mumble the last part not wanting anyone else to hear that.

Tengen was about to comment on that when a set of twins walked out of the estate.

"The Master has arrived."

The hashira gather in a line and bow, showing their respect, as Ubuyashiki walks out.

"Good morning my children." He greets them as he smiles warmly

"Good morning Oyakata-sama." Answers the pillars in unison.

He smiles, "I am thrilled to see that you all are in good health and in good spirits this morning."

"I am sure all of you are wondering why I summoned you all here for this meeting as we already had our bi-annual one last month," most of the hashira nod at this, letting him know that he is right.

"Today I'd like to introduce to you a new addition to the Hashira," He gestures behind him, "allow me to introduce to you Tokito Muichiro, the Mist Hashira, user of Mist Breathing."

Out from behind him steps a child of about 12 years of age, with long black hair that fades into a vibrant teal color and a slightly bored look in his eyes.

There are a few seconds of silence before the clearing erupts in noise. The hashira gasp in shock at what they've just been told, though Mitsuri and Shinobu are the first to voice their thoughts.

"He's so cute!!!"

"Oh my ....he's so young!"

Quickly composing themselves, the others relay their shock and confusion as well.

"This has to be a joke! He's a child!"

"How long has he been slaying demons to qualify as a Hashira!?"

"How is this possible! How old is this kid!?"

"Mist Breathing? I've never heard of that, did he create it?"

Knowing that this type of reaction would happen, Oyakata-sama just smiles and puts a finger to his lips. Instantly the noise quiets down, though there is still restless tension in the air surrounding the new addition to the hashira.

"My children, please settle down, your questions will be answered one at a time. Now who would like to go first? "

Shinobu raises her hand and with a nod of approval from Oyakata-sama, goes to speak.

"Muichiro, if I may ask, can you please tell us about yourself?"

Throughout the whole ordeal, Muichiro has been staring up at the clouds, not really paying attention. Upon hearing his name, he snaps back to reality.

"Huh?"

Shinobu lips twitch downward slightly at being ignored, "I sai- "

"She told you to tell us about yourself brat." Gruffly interupts Sanemi.

Muichiro sighs and turns to face the Hashira fully. "My name is Tokito Muichiro, I'm 12 years old and the user of Mist Breathing." He tilts his head and pauses, "Who are you all again?"

Mitsuri excitedly steps forward, "Oh sorry! We haven't introduced ourselves yet have we? I'm Mitsuri Kanroji, the Love Hashira! I use Love Breathing! I created it from Flame Breathing, did you create yours too? It sounds really cool!"

"Yes." Muichiro replies detachedly, more focused on watching the shapes of the clouds passing by.

"How flamboyant! Creating a new breath at such a young age!" Remarks Uzui "I'll introduce myself next. I am the flashiest Hashira of all and former shinobi, Uzui Tengen the Sound Hashira!" He declares boastfully as Iguro rolls his eyes at the man's antics.

"How long have you been a demon slayer for?" Iguro asks cooly.

"Two months."

This shocks the Hashira to silence. It hasn't been heard of for a demon slayer to become a hashira in only two months, especially someone so young. The shortest amount of time that they knew of was a little under a year.

Taking the opportunity of the silence, Oyakata-sama speaks. "Now everyone, please treat Muichiro as one of you. He may be young but he has exceptionally great skills and potential." Oyakata-sama says to the hashira, trying to ease their initial concern and shock.

Oyakata-sama turns to Muichiro and rests a hand on his shoulder to get his attention. "Muichiro, I know this is a change from working by yourself but I hope you'll come to be comfortable with the others." He says to Muichiro softly, who nods in response.

He then addresses the rest of the Hashira. "This concludes the meeting with you all. I encourage you all to get to know our new member and please stay safe in the meantime."

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
End of Part 1