7. Bullied

Two weeks,two horrible fucking weeks. I'd experienced the worst two weeks of my life after Georgia's suspension. Never had the school's attention been turned to me, even Regina had only taunted me once in a while but now, she couldn't go a day without bugging me and it was killing me. I thought this all through as I walked to school. Georgia was on a three week suspension. However the decision lay in her parents' hands. I was scared for the first time. My relationship with Bree wasn't the best at school so I wasnot relying on her.
I got to school and pulled my hoodie over my head. It was better to keep a low profile these days,especially with Regina on my damn tail. I tried being quick but it seemed like life had a different plan for me. I tried opening my locker but it seemed stuck. My struggle seemed to attract more attention and it got uncomfortable. I clutched my fist and banged it hard on the locker causing it to click inside. I figured it had opened and pulled the door before the unexpected happened.
I was showered in a bucket of cold water,in fact it was freezing cold and sent chills through my whole body. "Oh no. Are you okay?" Someone asked and I turned to see Regina and Kendra staring at me with fake shock. "Bitch I'm gonna kill you!" I snapped slamming my locker shut and jumping at Regina. I hadn't made it at her when someone pulled me back and my back connected with the lockers. "Why are you causing commotion so early in the morning Santiago?" Aiden asked as I pushed myself off the ground. After Regina got to know that Aiden has some strong beef with me,she resulted to dating him,completely ruining my life. "Did someone forget to use a towel after today's morning shower?" He asked and the hallway burst into laughter. I hate school even more now. Before they could keep taunting me,someone stepped infront of me.
"If you dont stop messing with our captain Frost I'll make you regret ever stepping foot in Falcon high." Roland was one of my teammates. We never really got along well,especially after Nathan died. "Now she's your captain,where were you when someone stringed her locker?" Aiden asked back. Roland wasn't one to argue. He ignored Aiden's question and turned to me, helping me up. "I dont know where the football captain is getting reason to attack a basketball player. We dont even play on the same field." Jaime wondered a loud as they escorted me to the girls washrooms. "Here,they're gym clothes for you to change in. It's all I can offer." Roland said handing me a fresh pair of clothes. I muttered a thank you before pushing into the washrooms.
After getting dressed up. I stared in the mirror,thinking whether to leave my hair down or pin it up. I chose to go with a high bun and headed out for class. It was Art class,used to be my favorite before Ms. Harriet was fired. We were assigned a new teacher. He was initially the art teacher of the senior class,strict defined him. "Nora. Gym clothes, seriously?" He asked seriously and I swallowed hard. "I had an accident this morning." I explained and he rolled his eyes. "Teenagers these days."
Art class was boring,we were asked to paint the most precious things we owned. I was painting the jade of my necklace. Afterall it was the most precious thing I owned. "Beautiful Santiago. What is that?" The teacher asked and I sighed. "Its my necklace,my brother..." I hadn't completed when he cut me off. "I didnt ask for an explanation, I simply asked what it is." Ouch. This man was arrogant. I reached out for my necklace but was shocked to find my neck empty. My heart sank. Where could it be? I didnt remember taking it off today,maybe someone had actually stolen it. Falcon high students had started crossing the line.

After the school started hating me for some reason,even my lunch room had to change. I now ate from the gym. Always survived on the sandwich mom would pack me. It's all I could have. I was still having lunch when a basketball crashed at the back of my head and I dropped my sandwich. Now they'd come searching for me in the gym too? Can't I be left alone? I turned around with rage in my eyes ready to snap at the fool who had found it funny to destroy my lunch time.
I was confused when I spotted Roland with his arms in the air. "It was a freak accident. You okay?" I just rolled my eyes and stared at my sandwich with a sad expression.
Roland came up to me and settled down where I was. "I'm so sorry. I know how much your lunch means to you. Can I get you anything?" He asked sincerely. I'd never taken a moment to look closely at Roland but he was surprisingly good looking. As far as I know,he'd transferred to Falcon high from some British highschool in his sophomore year,by then I was just a freshman. The administration insisted and he had to stay back a year,making him the oldest in our sophomore year,a true babe magnet but by far not a playboy.
I'd never imagined ever taking interest in any of the guys on the team,but sitting so close to me in an empty gymnasium,his dark eyes staring into mine,I felt my stomach flip. What was this? I'd never even had one good conversation with him that never ended in an argument.
I didn't know I was staring until he pointed it out. "See anything you like?" He asked and I made a gagging noise. "Not in a million years." I answered. It should be a crime for certain people to smile,because this guy's perfect smile had me flying to cloud nine. "I know. It's mostly because you value team boundaries right." I'd never taken time to listen carefully,but his British accent just added to his perfection. "That and I wouldnt date a guy who's as egoistic as you." I answered. The only reason we didn't get along was his ego,till now,he always made fun of me for being the shortest team player.
The bell rang signaling for class to resume and he got up. "We'll talk about my ego next time,penguin." There it is again. I just rolled my eyes at his stupid nickname. Am I really that short?

Talking to Roland had brought some comfort to me but on my way to the last class of the day,Aiden had to pop up. I was simply in my zone,making my way through the hallways before he cut through my path. "Going somewhere buttercup?" I'm tired,too tired. I decided to walk past him but as I made the choice,he pulled out the jade of my necklace. "Where'd you get that?" I was now angry. It was the third time he was pulling this stunt. First when Georgia helped me out,a week ago he threatened to flush it in the toilet but the janitor retrieved it for me. I'm sure this time he grabbed it during my morning spit with Regina.
"Its not where I got it from,its why I have it with me?" He teased twirling it around his finger. "You look scared. It seems like this necklace is the world to you. Who gave it to you?" He asked and I clutched my fists. "None of your business dimwit. If you dont return it,I'll make you regret taking it in the first place." I'd refrained from ever hurting any guy at this school. I once lost it and hit a guy real badly that I earned the stupid name Knuckles from the football jocks. "What will you do?" He asked. One hit won't be of harm. I slid my bag off my shoulders and approached him.
I quickly grabbed him by the collar and slammed him on the lockers. "This is for what you did to Georgia dimwit." I snapped and folded my fist before it connected with his face and he crashed on the ground. Call me a fool for falling right into an open trap. The principal was standing right behind us and by the looks of it,Aiden knew it.
Call me stupid but I mastered a smile. "Sir,I can explain." I managed to say but Aiden made it worse by groaning loudly. "I think you bruised my cheek."

I'd never thought I'd actually be ccalled into the principal's office on a bad note. I was only worried about him calling my parents. Aiden was sent to the nurse's office and I was told to stay here till they got back. Thirty minutes later,the principal came in with Aiden on his trail. It sent a bit of satisfaction through me noticing that he'd succeeded a bruised cheek. Atleast I'd left a mark.
"Ms. Santiago, not long ago your bestfriend was here,in that exact chair,shedding tears as her parents scolded her. Today you set in the same chair probably awaiting the same fate." His words sent chills down my spine and I sighed. "I'm really sorry,but he provoked me to hit him." I defended but the principal wasn't having it. "I know it's mostly because you found out that he ratted out your friend, but let's be honest. What mistake did he make in being loyal to this institution?" So let me get this straight. He bullies me and his loyal,he beats kids up and his loyal,he skips classes and his loyal but I hit him one fucking time and I'm the bad guy here. What is wrong with this school?

My little crime cost me four days in detention and a commitment. Falcon high had a policy of making students with poor conduct sign commitments with limited time. If you are caught in one act of poor conduct during this time,then it's an automatic suspension. Most times an expulsion is also involved. Honestly,I was mad. At the school,at Aiden and at myself. How could I be so stupid to fall in this guy's trap? Detention started tomorrow and that gave me time to come up with an excuse to mom and dad. If the principle hadn't called them yet.

*******************