From Strangers To Friends

The wonders of imagination can be both a blessing and a curse to a child, depending on the situation the mind creates. For instance, it could recreate a memory that brings you nothing but joy and happiness, or it could instead form a scenario that would make any young soul scream out of fear, only releasing you from its grasp the moment it feels like you've suffered enough through whatever it has made.

And for the young (H/C) boy stirring in his sleep, what he's going through is an experience that started off wonderful, but then unexpectedly transformed into something that would haunt him. The environment around him matches that moment as well, not leaving a single detail missing. From the way the colour of the wallpaper slowly drains as it begins to peel itself off the wall, from how cold and quiet the air all around him, all of it is nothing but a painful reminder of that day.

Hold on, it appears that something is missing from this burning memory. Where's-

"WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING, YOU LITTLE RODENT?!"

At that moment, (Y/N) turns around quickly, screaming in terror as the figure that has never left his mind, its features being forever burned into his consciousness, but luckily, he was only forced to look at it for a split second, before he was launched out of the nightmare and found himself laying on his bed, with tears rapidly spilling out of his eyes, and air being forced out of his lungs, in the form of a scream.

As the young boy takes in some deep breaths, slowly sitting up to wipe away the tears that stain his cheek, he flinches upon hearing his bedroom door swing open suddenly, expecting to see that figure there again. Instead, he sees his mother with a concerned look on her face, which helps him calm down slightly.

Tracy: Did you have that nightmare again? I heard you scream from across the hall. ((Y/N) nods) Do you want to sleep with Mommy and Daddy again?

(Y/N) gives another nod before climbing out of his bed and taking his mother's hand, as she guides him through the dark hallway of their new home and into their room, where the young boy climbs in-between the adults and soon falls asleep, his mind now feeling a little more peaceful. However, Tracy didn't fall asleep as instantly as her son. She knows what exact nightmare her son keeps suffering.

How was she or anyone else there know that he was infected with those cells?! He just passed it off as nothing but a common cold, for Christ's sake!! All she can say is that she thanks her partner and higher up were able to contain that monster. What she wasn't happy though, was having to try find her son with the team in that massive woods, only to find him about to be the victim of two other anomalies. Even if one of those other creatures was nearly killed by the other one there, it wasn't easy.

All that she and her husband pray is that none of those other creatures dare show up here. She doesn't want them to harm anyone there, including her son...

...

The morning sun has now vanquished the terrors that the night summons, as shown by all the clocks in the living room showing that it's 8 AM. Currently, (Y/N) and his father are sitting on the couch, watching the news channel that shows both the weather for the small town and reminding the residents of any upcoming events that'll be arriving in the week. After flicking through a few more channels, not showing much interest in whatever's on in the early morning, Tracy walks into the room, carrying a plate of pancakes covered in syrup and places them onto her son's lap.

(Y/N): (gasps) Pancakes with extra syrup?! (smiles) Thanks, Mom!

Tracy: (smiles) You're welcome, sweetie. (sits down next to him) So, do you have any plans for today? We won't be able to get you into school until next week, which means that how you want to spend the upcoming days is all up to you. Do you want to possibly go out and explore this new town?

Just An Incident (Omori x Male Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara