Chapter II: Sweet Home

The flight was normal as f*ck, only different thing was that I am crippled and with a pretty lady. We landed back okay, and I called James to pick us up. I saw him pulling in, I wave him down to come straight through the entrance because in a wheelchair it was to much of a hassle.  

James stopped the car in front of us and as he got out, " Why are you in a bloody wheelchair Ray?" I didn't mention I was in the wheelchair.

 Lucia whispers "You didn't tell him?" 

I laugh and answer "Nope... I'm alright, I'll be out in two months, see?"

        Jameson gave a pissed look to me but raised his head smiling to Ms. Rose shaking her hand and thanking her ten times straight, I hear him say to me to be polite to her and listen to her. Then he suddenly mentions that he, Martha, and the baby is going up north for family. I was angry but held it back because I to didn't mention an important matter. The two keeps talking.

I shout, "May we please get going?" 

"Don't be so rude Ray, I'm talking with a sweet lady, count yourself lucky" James retorted. 

"Imma tell Martha you said that Jameson if that's fine with you?" I smirk. He looked scared and turned to the car. 

"Ok Ray you won, beside I meant your lucky for even getting a girl in general" He laughed to himself and got inside the car then said, "Lets hit it, you two."

        The ride was normal, Rose sat In front with James and they just chat about me as I stared blankly out of the window, James pulls into the driveway. Rose pulled me out and gently put me on in the wheelchair, we say our goodbyes to James, and we saw him wave as goodbye as he pulled out of the driveway, leaving. 

        I reach down to a little compartment in the wall beside the entrance door... It was an advance hand scan, that opens the door automatically and I pull out a key from my pocket handing it to Rose for getting in with, because it won't open to anyone's scan but me. She agreed and pushed inside... next thing I rolled myself to the mud room grabbing a cane and use it to stand up my weight helping me stand straight. Lucia noticed and looked angry.

"Rivers, I'm sorry but you need to stay in the chair or bed until your healing is over" She angrily said. 

I angrily spoken back "No, this is normal and besides I think this would be a good physical therapy." 

      She pouted then sighed "Alight then, just in the home you're not going anywhere but in this house." I snorted with disgust. she ignored it. 

         We stood there for a minute just silent until I mentioned the word "Food?" She just gave a smile of interest and went into the kitchen as I follow behind her slowly. She opens the fridge to be only bud light or Bush. I said to open the freezer, she did such, seeing a pile of instant home microwaved meals. she looks back to me with displeasure. 

"What? What's wrong" I said. 

"Beer and processed food, they don't even at the least have vegetables" She argued.

"Well miss Rose, I'm a soldier I enjoy the taste of alcohol and I'm to much busy to cook for myself." I angrily mention.

        She mumbled to yourself making me more pissed, then I pick up my phone dialing a numbe, holding it to my ear. Lucia saw me and just stared still angry; I hold my hand over the speaker then asked her "Like Chinese?" She nods. I made the decision to call Mings to come over to the house and deliver the food. 

I hear a knock, I answered, "Hey Ming, how are ya?" As I take the bag of food out of his hands.

"Yes yes, me good" he notices my cane "Another day of work, my boy." I nodded. He notices something again, a girl trying to look over my shoulder being innocent smelling the food. Mings smiles at me with a not innocent look, so that's when I just say, "Ok thanks Ming" Then slam the door.