Chapter 4: Hobie?

"HEY!.... WAIT!... YOU CAN'T JUST-....LEAVE!!??"

You may be wondering "Ren what are you doing?" Well currently I am running after this Miguel guy, jumping over rooftops, shooting webs here and there all to try and get his attention. He has been running for 30 minutes on like all fours. I'm not even sure he's a spiderman variant anymore, more like an overgrown cat.

"CAN'T WE JUST STOP AND TAL-" He suddenly came to a complete stop making me bump into his back in the process.

"I- oye mira cabron-" I get cut off once again when I hear him say callate in a growl. What is happening? "I do not know."

All of a sudden we hear a crash and Miguel starts sprinting.. Well crawl.. Running.. whatever. I of course follow him again because I still haven't gotten answers. When I meet up with him I see him fighting Venom?

Like literally there's another Venom there fighting the mysterious latino man. How is that- oh right, another dimension. "Any tips on taking you down V?" mmm loud noises? But it would backfire on us "Right, well I guess I can distract him the best I can and let the other guy trap him"

I'll spare you the boring details and let you know it worked.

A summary of the fight is basically me distracting the other Venom which helped when it realised we were also Venom. Miguel trapped it in the glowing red cube thing and while it was banging on the walls I decided to approach him and finally get my answers.

"I need answers.. Now." Putting my hands on my hips I stare at the towering man. Trying my best to be as intimidating as possible. (Which I was failing at)

"Huh... My name is Miguel Ohara. And I'm from another dimension" There was a semi long pause for a minute. "Wow, NEVER would have guessed that since you TOTALLY didn't mention it already. And I just thought the sketch lines just came with the costume."

What? I can't help being sarcastic, it's who I am. "We're done here" Seconds after he says that a portal appears and he starts walking away. "Wait! I was joking! Come on, let's talk. I need answers and I'm pretty sure only you can give me them. Plus when's the next time you'll be here?" He has stopped due to me blocking his access to the portal but he doesn't speak. "I'll take that as you might not come back."

Slight disappointment leaves its mark in my sentence. "Look kid- I don't have time for this. You want answers? I'll give them but right now is not the time. You have a bunch ahead of you that I can't prevent..." He pauses. Looking down for a second then looking back at me. His mask disappears revealing his dark brown hair and sketched but filled face. He has a sad look in his eyes as he continues to speak.

"Once you have faced it, then I'll come back." I had to take a minute to process what he said. Stuff ahead? That's the best he can give me? "So that's it?" I say with a mixture of disappointment and anger. "That's it" Before I get the chance to respond back his mask has appeared once more as he quickly throws the other Venom through the portal and disappears.

"Bye." I say to no one. Once again I am left alone confused and concerned for my future.

Months have passed. AND NOTHING BAD HAS HAPPENED!

I am partially relieved and mainly on edge. Every single time I see something out of the corner of my eye I flinch. Phantom and Hobie have noticed it too. They joke about how it's good because whenever we are in a fight now I'm more aware of my surroundings. As the ninth month rolls in since the incident I slowly start to forget about everything. Sure there are reminders here and there but I'm less on edge now.

It's winter now.

Every beautiful thing dying waiting to be brought back to life in spring. Me and the gang of course have our little winter upgrades. Really it's just some layers added on to our costumes. Since we are either swinging around or fighting we don't need many layers to keep us warm.

Today is the 18th of December and the three of us are going Christmas shopping for each other. Even though we split up, we are gonna meet up at our favorite cafe for some warm drinks.

Your phone is ringing. Venom says in my head. Coming out of my slight dissociative state I take my phone out of my pocket. "Hey Phan, what up?"

"Ren! Get to Washington Square park right now!" "What? What's happening?"

"Green Goblin, hurry!" He didn't need to tell me twice. Usually I have my suit underneath my clothes but sometimes (when I forget) I let Venoms form take over.

Ducking into an alleyway I hide the stuff I bought behind a dumpster praying no one will find them and let Venoms form take control. It took a couple of minutes to get there but that wasn't enough time to prepare me for what I would see when I got there.

Goblin was there, causing his normal mayhem. Phantom was trying to chase him down, both on their own devices. I see Hobie not too far away on the floor holding his side in pain covered in blood. Immediately we swing into action. Luckly Goblin was distracted by Phan enough to not notice me. Using Venom we shoot a web to attach to Goblin's glider. "Huh?" He questions, shocked at the sudden lack of movement. With the strength Venom has we use the web to throw his glider crashing to the ground. "About time you got here spider." Phantom says with little breath joining me only a few feet away from the crash. Venom lets my mouth be seen so I can speak. "Hobie doesn't look too good. Go take care of him, I'll take care of Goblin." With an ok, Phantom is off towards Hobie and I start making my way to Green Goblin. I didn't mean to sound harsh but with the way Hobie's looks I know he's not gonna be much help right now. "You stupid spider, stupid stupid spider. Think that's gonna take me down?" Goblin says while struggling to stand up in front of the rubble. "I don't know, so far it seems to be giving me the advantage." My mouth is still not covered.

"Advantage? HA! Don't make me laugh. I'm just getting started!" He presses a button and his glider shoots up heading in my direction seemingly to try and pierce me. Lucky for me Venom jumped out of the way before it could leave a scratch.

My heart drops as I hear a grunt behind me followed by the sound of a body hitting the floor.

"Hobie?"