part nine: invite

they maintained eye contact after gracie said "me too". there was a moment there. it was a tiny moment but it was something. it wasn't weird it was just a moment for both of them. and it lingered between the two for some time until adrienne's stop arrived. they both got up from their seats and past through the sliding metal doors and onto the platform. 

"you know you really don't have to take me home gray". gracie smiled at her in a comforting way, then responded, 

"but i want to."

"well ok, thank you" adrienne replied. the two went up the subway's exit while the sun was going down and walked two blocks until they arrived outside of adrienne's apartment.

"so i guess you're here huh." gracie asked while looking down at her converse and putting both of her hands in her jacket pockets. 

"yeah i guess i am"

"well i had a really fun time"

"hey you know what, do you want to come in for a drink and we can make dinner or something? it's really okay if you can't i totally get it-

the brunette cut her off, "yes i'd love that, like a lot. i was actually hoping you'd invite me in"

"good yay! i really want to spend more time with you so this is perfect. also..my place is a little bit messy i have to warn you, but i'm sure i have food for us to make" adrienne said as she walked up the stairs to get to front door.

gracie smiled as she adrienne up her stairs. her heartbeat was getting faster, she was nervous. she questioned her feelings a lot of the time, never being sure about how she felt about adrienne. even when they used to be close, feelings lingered on gracie's end. but then she got a boyfriend and fell for him. that relationship exists no longer and for the first time in a long time, gracie is single. and now those same feelings that she used to have for adrienne, that she tucked away for the sake of her friendship with adrienne, well, they had resurfaced. and gracie didn't want to ruin their friendship, especially now that they're getting closer. so she figured she'd just have to let them fade on their own.