Sucker Punch

Chapter Eight

Yuzuru's mind slowly came to consciousness.

His brain sluggishly registered that he was sprawled on what he had long ago dubbed a "a slab of bedrock" – a couch in his living room, so stiff it might as well have been made of stone. Yet, he found himself oddly stuck to it. He had absolutely no desire to move.  

He was so comfortable.

There was no urge to shift, or turn.  His breathing was effortless and rhythmic. His heartbeat was slow. He felt like he had been wrapped in a cocoon of perfect warmth. Not too hot. Not too cold. Perfect— just for him.

It didn't matter that he had lost track of time and had no idea how long he had been sleeping. He didn't care. Yuzuru hadn't even noticed that the sun was now blanketing the entire room, because he eyelids couldn't find the will to part.

He was so content in this position that he wanted to stay like this, indefinitely, if possible.

It took a long few moments before he eventually remembered why he felt this way.

Then, his entire body tensed.

Right on cue, there was a moan as the warmth along his side moved, giving him instant goosebumps.

Hana.

His eyes finally opened and he sharply took in air. 

In the unawareness of sleep, the two of them had somehow managed to find themselves completely intertwined on this couch. He was on his back, one leg hanging off the side of the furniture. She was lying across him, on him, with his arm anchoring her firmly to his chest.

He should move.

He didn't want to move.

From his vantage point, the crown of her head obscured his vision, but he could see how the skirt of her dress had ridden up, revealing almost the entire expanse of her thigh.

And he could feel her.

He felt the curves of her body that were intimately pressed against his. He felt how her leg was thrown thoughtlessly over his waist, energy flowing between them.

Every aspect of this situation was absolutely frightening.

And wonderful.

It took everything in him to not run his free hand down the smooth skin of her leg.

I need to move.

He had only known this woman for a day... hours. She was a complete stranger. And yet, her body felt like an extension of his own. Her skin felt just as familiar as the air he pulled into his lungs every moment of his life for the past 22 years.

Even emotionally, he reacted to her with a familiarity that was similarly frightening.

Last night, when she had recounted the few days that led up to him finding her unconscious on the street, he didn't expect to be as affected as he was. Her words had provoked a concern typically reserved for close friends or family members.

Hana was neither.

Still, he couldn't help his hand as it hovered over her thigh as if he was contemplating taking a cookie from the cookie jar.

"Frick sake, Yuzuru."

He jerked, eyes darting to his sister who walked in the living room, hair looking like Rubeus Hagrid's.  She must have just woken as well, and she looked exhausted after the late night they all had.

Saya was holding her hand out in front of her as if to shield her vision from him, accosted. She grumbled, "Not what I wanted to see first thing in the morning."