CHAPTER 8

Its safe to say that for the rest of the day I was frustrated. It felt like I could snap at the next person who talks to me.

What makes it worse is Jungwon taking his time to get out from the school , I just want to go home and my brother is taking his own time.

I saw a tall figure standing infront of me. I thought it was Jungwon but once I took a better look it turned out to be Jake.

"Let's talk Jaelyn"

"Seriously? Now you want to talk to me?"

"I was talking to you at break , wasn't I?"

"For like 5 seconds before your girlfriend came and dragged you away" I rolled my eyes.

"Look I had no choice , was I supposed to just push her off me? Oh , and she's not my girlfriend"

"You could have set a boundary"

"I don't get why your so jealous. We're not even together"

"Firstly because you treat me like I'm your princess and then you just act like nothing ever happened the next day?Don't lead me on Jake"

"Jaelyn , this is really starting to get me irritated" Jake said , slightly raising his voice.

"If I'm really irritating you then just go"

Jake gave up and began to walk away from me.

Each step he took away from me , the more my heart grew fonder for him.

"Jaelyn , are you ready to go home?" Jungwon called out to me from afar.

"I hate him" I responded , my speech all muffled from crying.

Jungwon immediately ran to me after he saw I was upset.

"Let's just go home. Try to be strong for now" Jungwon comforted me.

-
At home

"Tell me who made you cry right now so I can take out their bones and feed them to the wolves" Jungwon demanded.

"Jake" I responded , my voice all hoarse.

"Just forget him okay? It's just a crush anyway so it will be easy"

"I really liked him Won. We just started to become friends , I don't want to lose him"

"I really don't know what to say Jae. Just sleep it off , it could be better tomorrow" Jungwon responsed as he left my room , leaving me in a pile of tears and tissues.

Once I saw the dog plushie on my bed it just got worse. I held onto the plusie so tight , keeping it close to me , as if it were Jake.

Hours passed and I was still the same. The plushie didn't leave my grip and the pile of tissues just got bigger and bigger.

At this point I had just given up.

That was until I heard my phone start ringing.

"Jake?"

"Jaelyn- I'm so sorry. I literally can't fall asleep. It's like my mind is refusing to rest until I make things right with you" Jake explained , choking on his words.

"I don't want to go to bed with either of us being mad at eachother" He continued.

"I'm not mad at you Jake"

"If you're not mad then why wouldn't you talk to me"

I could hear Jake sniffling through the phone. It broke my heart to know he must of been crying.

"I was jealous" I finally admitted.

"But why , I just don't understand you Jaelyn"

"I just...I think I like you best when you're with me and nobody else"

"I still don't get it Jaelyn"

"Why are you so blunt gosh. Im saying I like you idiot"