𝐱𝐢𝐯. truth

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄─── ・ 。゚⟡ 𑁍 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───જ⁀➴   𝚃𝚁𝚄𝚃𝙷     𖥔 ݁ ˖ ❫

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄
─── ・ 。゚⟡ 𑁍 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───
   𝚃𝚁𝚄𝚃𝙷     𖥔 ݁ ˖

DYLAN WAITED FOR her, but it was apparent she took her sweet time getting down as she was against being anywhere near 8-feet of him. She grew more and more tense with every passing second. Aaliyah was somewhat proud of herself for committing to her 'plan', which would've been outright ridiculous to any other person.

Yet, a part of her missed him. Not in the presence way, because technically, she was still around him; but not in the way she always was. As kids, and him being her first friend, they were joined by the hips. Their parents were literally friends, and no matter how many times Aaliyah was told she could just come by anytime, she still asked for permission and respectfully waited.

She was finally on the field, eyes on the floor as she started walking along with him, a slow pace as they sat in silence. It felt like an eternity before someone spoke and broke the quietness, the tension raising and Aaliyah struggled to keep her head low. He gave her glances from time to time, seeing how uncomfortable she was. She wasn't trying to hide it, but she didn't know that's the impression she gave off in the first place.

"Liyah," He said lowly, finally stopping, forcing her to look up at him, "Did I do something?"

She didn't know how to answer, "What—"

"You've been weird lately," He tried his best to use his words carefully. He was genuinely concerned about the girl, but he also didn't want to screw things up as he was explaining, "Like—Shit, I don't know how to explain. Okay," He took a breath, "You got distant. I want to know if it's something I did because you never text me ranting about how a fucking Henry Cavill edit just popped up, or how the math quiz didn't suck as much as you would've guessed."

Aaliyah stayed silent, looking up at him as she felt herself start to calm down, her heartbeat calming as her stomach did that fluttering feeling she oh-so hated. Her eyes widened for a minute at the reaction, and he noticed that. Her smile that was slowly forming—and did a horrible job of hiding—was now gone and she was looking at her feet. She then remembered what they were talking about in the first place, and so she took a few steps back.

"I'm fine, okay?" She shot him an unconvincing grin, "You don't have to worry."

"But I do worry, and if the last ten years have said anything, then I know you. You're not okay," He said with a tone filled with frustration yet calmness, knowing how much tense she's been.