Pt 1 (Officially)

Dominique (Dom)

beep. beep. beep.

My alarm blares into my ear. It wakes me up right away because I only went to sleep a couple hours ago. For as long as I can remember I havent been able to sleep more then 2-3 hours a night. Not with the missions i still go on occasionly and the insomnia. I still have to go on missions to be able to afford tution and the rent on my apartment. I disasociated with my father three years ago when i came to college at NYU. I havent spoken to him since. Even though hes tried. I dont have my father around anymore i still keep to myself. Thats why I live alone. Cheer is my only escape. Im a flyer on our schools team. Its almost like a getaway from my real life. I have medication for the insomnia I could take but i dont like the way it makes me feel all fuzzy when i wake up.

I sigh and swing my legs over my king size mattress that way to big for just me. I make my way to the bathroom and imminently look at myself in the mirror. All I see are two giant undereye bags hollowing out my face. I groan and pick up my toothbrish continuing to get ready for the day. I have an early class at 9:00 and cheer practice at 11:30.

I put on concealer and masacra. Wearing a more full coverage concealer so my eyebags hopefully dont show through. I walk back into my room and put on a comfy outfit. Knwing the last thing i want to do is be uncomfortable in Mr. Grahms pysology class. The class is boring enough as it is i might as well be comfy. Once im dressed I grab my phone and walk into the kitchen planning to get some breakfest before i leave. That is until i check my phone and see that im already running late. shit. I mentally curse myself for always being late. I quickly shove my shoes on my feet and pick up my backpack before racing out the door. I dont mind locking seeing as im the only one on the penthouse floor. I may be cut off from my father. Which dont get me wrong is a 100% a good thing. But that doesnt mean the missions i still go on dont pay well.

I dont have time for the elevator so i race down the stairs instead. I quickly exit my building yelling a goodbye to jessie the fornt desk lady. My black jeep is alredy pulled up front and thank god it is. I quickly hop in and start speeding down the highway to campus. I only live about 10 minutes away from campus so its pretty nice usually. Excepty today I make it in 5 because of my crazy driving. I pull into the parking lot closest to my class and get out grabbing my backpack on the way. I slowly jog into the building just barley making it in time for the professer to say good morning. I walk up the ile of stairs and sit down close to the edge. I always try to stay twords the outside. That way i can get out easier.

. . .

Mr.Grahm rambles on and on for which seem like forever until finally he says class is over. I pack up the three pages of notes i took today. Sighing as i put them in my backpack knowing were probably gonna have a pop quiz on the material in the next week. I walk down the stairs and out of the building quickly looking at my phone seeing it 11:00. The stadium were the cheer and football team practice is close to here so i have plenty of time. I make my way to my car until I see in my peripheral vision a black SUV with extremely dark tinited windows. Ive been in the mafia world my whole life so i know a suspicious vehicle when I see one. I also know that there probaly here for me and my best chance is to ignore i and get to my car as fast as possible. Which I do.

Once im in my car i pull out of the parking lot as fast as I can and head to the stadium. I give the car once more look before i pull out of sight and see that its not moving. I sigh in releif and continue to drive to the stadium. I get there around 11:15 which is perfect becasue i still need time to change. I walk into the satdium alredy seeing a couple guys from the football team throwing a ball back and forth. There chatting to a few girls on the cheer team. I know there names are Stassie and Mackenzie. I doubt they know my name. Other then being on the same squad I rarley talk to any of the girls. Or anybody at all for that matter. Its not that i dont like people or im antisocial I just never had time for friends growing up. Always out of town or trying to study the seven languages my father made me learn. I guess now im not sure how to even be a friend.

Once im changed i put my hair in a high pony tale my long dark hair making it so it reached my mid back. I take one more look at myself in the mirror and head onto the field. The whole football team is warming up for practice by now and most of the cheer girls are here to. I take a seat by myself and begine stretching.

"Girls and guys, may i please have your attention for 5 minutes" The head football Coach Harris yells to everybody on the field

I stand up and walk over to him. As does everybody else. I stop standing in the back not really being able to see coach Harris with all the giant football players in my way but i can hear him just fine so that good enough.

"Ok! So today we haev two reporters that's will be watching over today's practice. They'll also choose a couple of you at random to be interviewed. I just wanted to introduce them to you guys and let you know. This is Jack Rodrigurez and Chris McMurphey"

he contined to talk a little bit about them but i zoned off completely not listening. i didnt really care too much if im being honest i just wanted to get practice over with and go home.

" . . . and thats all, thanks for listening yall."

The crowd slowly starts to walk away and so do i until i see the two so called "scouts". I freeze, feeling like if i move the world might explode. I stare staight into Nico and Giovanni. Two men who i regonize very well. Not as college scouts but as two of my fathers men who used to roam around the house. I still havent moved. Im still just standing there in the middle of the field making long lasting eye contact with both of these men. I wonder why there here. I think to myself. What do they want Well obviosly they want something with me. But i know its not them that really wants something. Its my father.