Chapter 11 - Back To Camp

Previously on Deadman Walking,

Zeus: I must purify the bolt, Percy Jackson, Y/n L/n, I do not trust you both. I do not like what your appearance means for us all. However, you have both done me a service so I shall let you both live but do not dare to fly again.

With that Zeus left, and I got the hit that Poseidon wanted to talk to Percy so I made my way outside and took a seat on the steps outside the Throne Room of the Gods.

And now back to the book...

...

I sat on the steps and thought of all we had accomplished on our journey.

I had finally been on a quest, a goal of mine that I had finally completed. Percy, had returned the master bolt to Zeus.

Annabeth had her chance for a quest, same as me. And Grover had successfully guided Percy on a quest, meaning his career is still on track.

We had done all that in the past week or so, not bad. I had been given a room in my dad's palace in the underworld, and along side Percy fought a god and survived!

Pretty wild week's work, but I enjoyed most of it. As I was thinking this, my dad decided to intrude on my thoughts.

Hades: You should be proud of what you have accomplished, my son.

Y/n: Do you always listen to my thoughts?

Hades: Not always, but often. They are quite entertaining.

Y/n: That's weird dad, but anyways I am proud, of all of us.

Hades: I have a surprise for you when you get back to camp.

Y/n: What is it?

Hades: If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise.

That was the last thing I heard before I felt my dad's presence leave my head.

I thought about the surprise he might have for me. I already have weapons and armor, what else could I want?

Percy: You ready to go?

I looked behind me and saw Percy had come out after his talk with his dad.

Y/n: Yeah, let's go.

We made our way back to the elevator and out of the Empire State Building. We got a taxi to take us back to camp, and when we made it over the hill everyone was cheering for us.

Well, more like they were cheering for Percy. I still couldn't tell if everyone was ignoring me so they don't have to acknowledge that I left, or if they just didn't care that I had gone.

While Percy was swept up by his victory celebration, I made my way into the woods. I walked until I made it to my favorite part of the woods, trees made tons of shadows and at night it was almost pitch black.

When I got there though, something was different. In the middle of the small clearing was a solid black cabin, it looked like it was made from the shadows themselves.

I knew instantly this was my dad's gift, Hades would have a cabin inside camp and it was all mine.

There was a pomegranate engraved above the door, painted gold. I walked inside to see to my surprise not one, but three beds.

Not only the three beds, but three dressers, three trunks for storage, three lamps, three of everything.

Was this dad's way of say that I had more siblings? Surely he wouldn't have the place made for three if it was just me right?