05- Shattered Dreams

Rohan stands in front of Manyata's apartment, a complex mix of emotions playing on his face. He takes a deep breath before speaking.

Rohan: Manyata, jo bhi maine kaha uske baare sochna zaroor.

Manyata, still processing the shocking revelation, looks at him with a mixture of confusion and hurt. She nods silently and walks into her apartment building. Rohan watches her retreating figure, a sense of uncertainty clouding his eyes.

Rohan: (muttering to himself) I just hope ki yeh maan jaaye, varna mera bana banaya khel bigad jaayega.

With a heavy sigh, he turns and leaves, disappearing into the night.

Manyata rings the doorbell, and Kajal opens the door with a warm smile.

Kajal: (cheerfully) Aur madam, kaisi rahi date?

Manyata, her face pale and eyes swollen from crying, just looks at Kajal and nods. She enters the house without uttering a word. Kajal, sensing something amiss, furrows her brows.

Kajal: (concerned) Kya hua, Manu? Sab thik hai na?

Manyata, still lost in her thoughts, replies half-heartedly.

Manyata: (hesitant) Haan, sab thik hai.

Kajal, not convinced, holds Manyata's arms and looks into her eyes.

Kajal: (sincere) Bachpan se jaanti hoon tuje, jhooth bolna nahi aata issliye phir se pooch rahi hoon, kya hua?

Manyata, unable to contain her emotions any longer, breaks down into tears. Kajal, with a worried expression, immediately pulls her into a comforting embrace, patting her back and running her fingers through Manyata's hair.

Kajal: (teary-eyed) Kya hua, Manu? Did that bastard Rohan do something to you? I swear, main chodungi nahi uss kamine ko.

Manyata, between sobs, manages to speak.

Manyata: (broken) Kajal I was just a pawn in his game.

Kajal breaks the hug, wiping away Manyata's tears.

Kajal: Bas Bas Meri Jaan itna royegi toh tabiyat kharab ho jaayegi Manu, Bata kya hua ?

Manyata, with a heavy heart, begins to narrate the shocking turn of events from her ill-fated date. Kajal listens with growing anger and concern, vowing silently to stand by her best friend through whatever challenges lie ahead.

Kajal: (angry) Wow, that fucking bastard is a police officer? Pehle toh mujhe batao ki uss jaise ghatiya insaan ko police mein naukri di kisne? And on top of that, he wants you to go on a mission. Wow, just wow.

Kajal looks at Manyata, her eyes filled with confusion and hurt.

Kajal:  Toh kya socha tune?

Kajal, her tone filled with sarcasm, raises an eyebrow.

Kajal: (teasingly) Maine toh socha tha ki yeh sirf ek sadakchap PT teacher hai. Lekin yeh toh Hawaldar nikla.

Manyata shakes her head, still trying to process the unexpected turn of events.

Manyata: Mujhe kuch samajh nahi aa raha. Muhje Rohan ka apne profession ke baare mein jhooth bolna, bura nahi laga, lekin vo mujhe kisi aise insaan ke kareeb jaane ko keh raha hai jise main jaanti tak nahi. Hell, maine toh uska naam bhi pehli baar suna.

Kajal looks at her with warmth in her eyes, understanding the turmoil within her friend.

Kajal: (soothing) Kya naam bataya uss big shot ka?