Time (Pat/Non) - Behind the Wall

Author's note: Part 22/??

Nonsee didn't sleep well. He woke up exhausted and lethargic. With great effort, he lowered his feet to the floor and glanced at his bedside table out of habit. The cute blue flower turned into a black mess. Non's eyes watered as he reached the poor plant, bringing it back to life with a soft touch. He wished he wasn't born with this ability. It was a curse, not a gift. Curse that ruined his life. He wanted to turn back time and run away with Pat. But it was too late. 

Nonsee slowly went through his morning routine before he dragged himself to the dining area. He silently greeted his mother, grandmothers and sisters and sat at his designated seat. Non didn't have an appetite, but only staring at his plate would get him in trouble, so he picked up the fork and forced a bite in his mouth. 

"Remember what I told you yesterday." Tawan glared at him. Nonsee nodded, taking another bite. 

"If I see you wandering around, you will get punished." She reminded. Non nodded again. The chair across from him scrambled on the floor as his mother stood up. Another similar sound followed. It was probably Mintra and Grandmother Klin. The three women left the room without a word, leaving Non with Iris and Grandma Chor. The tears streamed down his face, dripping into the plate. Two pairs of arms wrapped around him, comforting him. 

"It will be alright, honey." Grandma Chor kissed his temple. 

"We are visiting your doctor today. Don't worry, Non." Iris pinched his flushed cheek. 

"Just do what Tawan said for now and leave everything to us." Chor winked. Nonsee sniffled, nodding. He had faith with them and doctor Pat.