Moving In

Sorry for the long wait on this part! Small warning, there are mentions of abuse in this chapter if anyone's uncomfortable x

~Ritz's POV~

"Your house is HUGE." is the first thing I say as the limousine pulls up to Velvet and Veneer's house.

"Oh, it's nothing, really." Velvet says from the seat in front of me and Veneer, but the way she looks at me lets me know that she's definitely aware of how much it is. The driver opens the door for us and I step out of the limousine behind Veneer, unable to stop staring at the huge mansion in front of me.

"Thanks again for letting me stay with you guys." I turn to the twins. Velvet smiles and nods at me and Veneer runs up next to me.

"Cmon, I'll show you around!" he grabs my arm and pulls me toward the door.

"Okay, okay!" I laugh. "Just let me grab my stuff."

"Oh, yeah." Veneer looks at me embarrassed. "Sorry about that." I thank the driver as he hands me my bag from the limo and I rush back over to Veneer.

"Alright, I'm ready!" I follow behind him as Velvet pays the driver and runs up behind us.

"Ooh! I can't wait to show you everything. This is gonna be so much fun!" Veneer grins at me and we get to the door. We walk inside and Velvet and Veneer throw their coats on the floor. Well, I thought they threw them on the floor until the pile of coats started to move.

"Crimp, take those to the closet. Hurry up!" Velvet snaps as someone who kind of looks like a paper mop emerges from underneath the coats.

"Yes mom- I mean ma'am!" she stutters, pulling her glasses out from under the coats and dragging them towards the closet.

"That's Crimp. She's our assistant, don't pay any mind to her." Veneer says, rolling his eyes. I nod, feeling a bit bad for Crimp but shaking it off.

"So, Veneer! Why don't you show our guest where he'll be sleeping?" Velvet grins at Veneer, and he gives her a dirty look before turning back to me.

"Come on, it's just upstairs." he gestures for me to follow him, and I do. We walk up this super long staircase that branches out to a ton of other floors. As we walk, I turn to Veneer.

"Can we go back to the fact that your house is bigger than 10 of mine?" I say as I take it in. There's something around every turn, and I'm a little upset that we can't check it all out right now.

Veneer laughs. "Thanks. I know Vel said it was nothing earlier, but she knows damn well how huge this place is." I chuckle and Veneer suddenly turns down one of the many hallways.

"Your room's right down this hallway." We walk past a few rooms, and he stops at one, gesturing to it. "It's this one. You can unpack, come get me if you need anything."

"How will I know where to find you?" I ask, tilting my head. "I just know if I try to find anything in this mansion I'll get lost within ten seconds." Veneer hesitates, and I can see his face turn the slightest shade of pink.

"Are you okay?" I ask, laughing slightly.

"Yeah, sorry. My room is right next door." he finally answers. I grin at him.