𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵, 𝗮 𝗱𝗮𝗻 𝗵𝘂𝗺𝗽𝗵𝗿𝗲𝘆

TW PLEASE READ! this chapter contains descriptions of an anxiety attack, if you don't wish to read that part, please skip ahead when you see the asterisks (*), thank you! 

/ cielle /

THE LIGHTS OF SAUDI ARABIA BLINKED BACK AT ME, THE BLANKET OF DARKNESS COVERED THE STADIUM SEATS WITH SUFFOCATING SILENCE. The only sounds were the continued stream of loud engines and booming voices spread around the track in a mesh of noise. 

"Push Cielle, push." Ruelle's voice crackled through the radio. I muttered my acknowledgement and turned to the straight across from the Redbull. The car shifted underneath me like an extension of my hands and legs, grazing across the sides of the track gracefully. Beads of sweat traced their way down my face and to the sides of the helmet, getting caught in the sides. 

This is so great for my skin. 

Ever since the season started, blemishes dotted their way around my pale skin from the sweat of the helmets. I couldn't understand for the life of me how the rest of the drivers managed to look perfect despite the hours they spent in the car. 

Maybe it's a girl thing?

"Rue." 

"Yeah Ci?" 

"Can you play some music?" 

Crackling could be heard from the other end, Ruelle's faint voice fluttering through the radio, the words she was uttering were illegible to my unfocused ears. The car pushed towards the painted grid lines on the track, the finish line coming quicker than I expected. 

"Taylor Swift?" 

"I love you so much, and reputation, I want to be in my winner era." 

"Girl you're in your winner era everyday." 

"No because why am I gonna eat this race up." 

"The race might eat you." 

"It's okay I'll marry rich." 

Ruelle laughed from the other side of the radio and shifted around for a bit before a faint beat of drums streamed over the radio. I felt my face bloom into a grin as 'Ready For It? ' by 'Taylor Swift ' thundered through my ears.  

"P7 with two laps to go. Gasly five tenths ahead of you and Stroll a second. You're within DRS range come on Ci!" Ruelle relayed information through the radio and I tailed the blue and pink car in front, letting the back wing flap open as we commenced the first of two laps. 

DRS pulled me too him but Gasly also had DRS, meaning he was currently quicker then me. I tried to switchback behind him, but he stayed solidly in the middle, not letting me get past. 

The Alpine late breaked, giving me a gap to get through. And I did. The green Aston Martin sped ahead, pulling away from me steadily. DRS closed and I was left with pure speed behind Lance. 

'I-I-I see how this gon' go.'

'touch me and you'll never be alone.

"I-Island breeze and lights down low!" I sang along, and we can all agree that I wasn't going to be one of Taylor's backup singers any time soon. Ruelle giggled on the other side of the radio as I belted out a very horrible version of the song. 

"You've heard Taylor's version, now get ready for Cielle's version." 

"As I should." 

"As you should girl!" Ruelle encouraged from the other side of the radio. The back wing tilted open, pulling the car towards Lance in the car ahead. I hummed the song under my breath, turning the wheel sharply and getting on the other side of Lance as we headed towards the grid lines for the penultimate time.