Chapter 15

Chapter Fifteen - Past

2008

Aurora, at eight years old, knew very well what the world around her was like. How could people be so cruel? She didn't know, and she wasn't sure she wanted to know, but she knew that she was no different from anyone else, even if she tried to hide it, she knew she was empty.

At eight years old she had done things that a child shouldn't do or know, but she knew and in this world the weakest die, and she would be dead if they thought she was weak. Her pretty face and body may look innocent, but after all, the most beautiful angel is the devil.

- "AHHH!!!"

Aurora snapped out of her thoughts as she remembered where she was, as she looked around for where the scream came from she found a man lying on the ground holding his arm and another man standing in front of him with a knife in his hand, the man with the knife lunged at the other man, but suddenly a surprisingly strong gust of wind sent the man and several people who were watching including her to the ground. The man who was previously on the ground got up and grabbed the knife that had fallen out of the other man's hand.

Aurora didn't know who or what the man had done, and she wasn't interested in finding out, what she did know was that the man wasn't going to get out of there safely. Her gaze turned cold, and her stomach churned when she heard what was being shouted at the man, 'freak' 'abomination' 'aberration' she had heard those words before at the orphanage, only they were directed at her.

She was no longer interested in what was going to happen, so she got up, shook off her clothes, and headed for the orphanage, while in the distance she could hear the man's screams of pain.

Hatred is what Aurora felt, her hatred was directed towards those who lived in the orphanage, both the adults and the children older than her. At first, she didn't hate them even if they pushed her or insulted her or when they started to beat her, no she didn't hate them, she just didn't understand why they treated her like that, what had she done? She was always good and kind to everyone, always with a smile, even when they didn't feed her or left her outside all winter night.

When she entered her room she found a box on top of her bed, the box only had a pink ribbon and a card that said 'Merry Christmas' the note had no sender, but she didn't care, at first she felt happy as it was her first present so she quickly removed the ribbon and took the lid off the box, when she looked inside the color disappeared from her face, her hands started to tremble and tears gathered in her eyes. Inside the box was a small black cat lying motionless, that was her cat, her little kitten called Nix was inside the box dead.

The door burst open and in it stood two boys and three girls, Aurora didn't even have to look to know who they were.

- "Did you like our present freak?" - Said one of the boys as he laughed.

Aurora just clenched her fists, one of the girls slowly walked up to Aurora stood behind her, and bent her head down to her height.

- "Don't worry, you'll be with that thing soon enough" - Aurora turned around, looking at the girl who spoke with all the hate she was feeling at that moment.

- "How dare you look at me like that." - The girl raised her hand and slapped Aurora, causing her to take a few steps back and put a hand to her cheek - "You have no right to look at me like that, you fucking freak."

The girl turned and walked out of the room, with the others following her as they either laughed or congratulated her for the slap.

The tears started to come one after the other like a waterfall, everything she had been holding back for years came all at once, all that anger, sadness, loneliness, hatred, and suddenly nothing, she felt nothing, she heard nothing. Her eyes were closing, and her body was falling backward.

The orphanage was in chaos, out of nowhere all the windows, light bulbs and glasses exploded hurting some people, nothing serious except for a group of five people who were passing by a window just when it exploded.