Chapter 84

After assigning the task, Director Xu kept Jiang Luo and the two, Ye Xun and Lu Youyi, behind to discuss the unexpected incident that occurred during the last mission.

Following the conclusion of the talent show, Jiang Luo, Ye Xun, and Lu Youyi deliberated and then disclosed to Director Xu the matter concerning Fu Yuan'er and the illusionary techniques of Qimen Dunjia.

Director Xu, having conducted investigations up to now, had come to a definite conclusion. He purposely dismissed everyone else and closed the door before saying, "Your guesses were correct; it was indeed the Chi family and the Qi family who were behind this."

"The Chi family took Fu Yuan'er's body from the competition organizers. Although Fu Yuan'er was an ordinary person in life, she possessed a spiritual body. Such a body is most suitable for being used as a puppet, and the Chi family doesn't have many puppets of this quality," Director Xu said gravely, "As for the illusion techniques, only a few of the Qi family elders are capable of achieving that level. Unfortunately, although I have determined that these two families were behind it, I have not found any evidence after half a month of searching."

Director Xu shook his head and sighed, "In the current metaphysical world, there are three main powers: the six major families known for their elites, our twelve high schools, and the country, which stands in the middle, impartial, maintaining balance between us. Given this situation, I'm being honest with you; unless you can provide evidence that prompts the country to take action, they won't admit to anything, and the matter will likely end unresolved."

But the trouble lies right here.

The law abides by the principle of "presumed innocence," but those who study metaphysics differ from ordinary people, always possessing some mysterious and esoteric methods. Their techniques are enigmatic and elusive, making it difficult to leave behind tangible evidence.

Ye Xun frowned and asked, "Director, why do they want to kill us?"

Director Xu sighed and gestured dismissively, "That, you'll have to ask those two families about."

Lu Youyi sarcastically remarked, "Is it because they saw our school's people shining in the big competition, overshadowing their own, that they became displeased with us?"

After saying this, he nudged Jiang Luo, "Luo, do you think I'm right?"

Jiang Luo slowly said, "I think what you said cannot be exactly the same, only unrelated."

Lu Youyi: "…"

Jiang Luo continued, "In fact, hearing that Qi Ye wouldn't be present at this assessment, I always felt like they would make another move."

After all, Qi's father was determined to eliminate him.

But Jiang Luo wasn't very worried.

To him, the Chi family now seemed like minor trash, having lost their ferocity without Chi You.

As for the Qi family, their vulnerability was clear. Such a prominent family had raised a simpleton like Qi Ye, who was obviously their Achilles' heel. Jiang Luo didn't want to harm Qi Ye, but he could use this point to threaten the Qi family.

"This was also my concern," Director Xu said solemnly, "I will contact the police and ask them to follow behind the Agonise from a distance, to ensure your safety as much as possible. Remember, life comes first, the examination second. If you encounter danger, do not hesitate to get on the lifeboat and escape."

The three looked at each other and nodded.

*

Two days later, at the Triangular Mouth Dock.