Day Twenty: A Regret I

Hello there, Journal...
Y'know.. it hurts to say it. But..
The days I spent had been all in vain.

She was gone. No traces of her were left.
I searched everywhere in the flooded areas of that damned facility.

She hadn't turned.. but perhaps she had and I hadn't seen it. I'm not exactly sure what to do about this stark revelation of mine.

It feels peaceful. In a weird, messed up kind of way. I feel this peace after arriving, but.. It's tarnished by the thought of her being lost to these creatures.

I care about her. Even if I do lose her. No matter what the hell happens.. maybe I'll just set up camp near the water's edge. There was some salvagables within the water and muck, so I'm not leaving those behind.

I also need to process what may have happened to her. I have to come to terms that I might have.. lost her.

Also, update on my twisted arm. It's functional, if you don't mind the fur clinging to your clothing.
The claws make for a great can opener. (Ate me some beans.) (THEM BEEEEEEANS)

I figure I'm on my own now. So.. might as well try to hold my spirits up high for the most part. Maybe find a safer area to live in. I know living in a city with probably the worst idea for ANY viral or parasitic thing.

And I smell a little bit nicer, a good two day swim does wonders. Maybe I might take this journal inside the facility. There was a crevice I could sneak it through before I swam under the rubble..

If it works, it works. Then I can figure out more about what the heck happened here as well.

But for now.. I'll be resting. Swimming all that distance can really put a person into a mass exhaustion.. y'know.

Glad to say.. End of Day 20. Should start using numbers. Easier on me personally.