twenty-two

Luna's thoughts were filled with uncertainty.

She had been having a hard time rearranging everything inside her mind—never ending thoughts of work, tour, and breakups taking up too much of the space inside of it. The thing that confused her the most was that there was always a constant, a person, that somehow managed to appear in every single one of them.

Harry.

Just a few days ago she had been ugly crying over her breakup with Braden, feeling insecure and insufficient—just feeling like a whole damn mess, but after having Harry dropping her off at her place and making sure she was alright afterwards, her attention went to focus on the way Harry had squeezed her hand on their drive and just in how perfect his hand fitted in hers. And don't even mention the day both of them have had together at the photobooth.

She kept staring at the palm of her hand, tracing patterns over it, going over and over the interaction she had shared with him, almost feeling like his hand was still intertwined with hers.

Everyone knew about them. The fans, their families, their friends, everyone knew how close they were and continued to be—not even those eight years apart were successful enough to tear them away from each other. But many of those people didn't know about the unsaid feelings that lingered in the air every time they were together, about the flying sparks when their hands or shoulders brushed. They didn't know about their moments hidden from the media—their sweet nothings.

Sitting by the piano, with her writing journal in hand, Luna reflected about Harry, about those feelings she had been trying to hide all these years, about that summer night back in 2014 when they had stargazed and Harry told her that her eyes reminded him of a bunch of tiny fireflies and about how it had been already a whole year since they reunited again at Long Pond, away from the crowds—away from the spotlights. And while it had felt a little awkward at first, the truth was that they went back to being their old selves in a matter of seconds, like no time had passed at all.

She had been falling all this time. All this time she had been falling deeper and deeper in love with Harry and she had just realized.

Picking up her journal, Luna's eyes scanned the written lyrics from a song she had written back when she had just started to experience more than friendly feelings for Harry and she couldn't help but chuckle at how silly, almost childish they sounded.

I wish that you could see them
Their faces lighten up
Their past is cold and empty
They know it's been enough
Of waiting on somebody
Someone who doesn't care
But he knows her name
She knows that he'll always be there

She had been love-struck. Luna had been head over heels for her best friend, still was it seemed, and her songs reflected it. Writing about Harry had always been the easiest thing in the world.

She toes the line between them
He says he's new at this
There's holy ground beneath them
And sparks fly when they kiss
He hates it when she's crying, he hates when she's away
Even at their worse they now they'll still be okay

"Hey, you." That soft, familiar voice made Luna turn her head towards the door of the studio. Harry was leaning against the frame with that goofy smile that showed his dimples just right and a fond look on his eyes. "You busy?"

"Just going through this old song I found." She giggled. "God, it's so stupid, it's just a bunch of Taylor references."

"Sounds like something you would write." Harry said, walking towards the piano. Luna made room for him to sit next to her on the piano's bench, eyeing the open notebook and the messy handwriting it contained. "A love song about me?"