Part 1 🤍

August 31st 1980

It was a very beautiful day in Beverly Hills California. Why? You may ask. Well, it was the day my very best friend, Karen Anne Carpenter, was getting married. It seemed so perfect. No clouds in the sky & the sun seemed so perfect. Like nothing could ever ruin the day itself.

It was around 7 AM when I was told to arrive at the Beverly Hills Hotel on 9641 Sunset Boulevard. As Karen's maid of honor, I arrived early, like 30 minutes early. I pulled my black 78' Chevrolet Corvette into one of the closest parking spots I could possibly find, which was right near the entrance of the luxurious hotel. I quickly unbuckled my seat belt and got out of my car, gently shutting the car door behind me. I popped my trunk and got my purple maid of honor dress out which was wrapped in plastic sheet to protect it. I grabbed my makeup bag and quickly shut my trunk and locked it with the key. I also made sure my car was also locked before heading across the parking lot and into the hotel lobby, with my dress and makeup bag in hand.

I immediately headed to the front desk where I was met with a man who was about eh, 26 or so. His nametag stating "Michealangelo". He looked like he just walked out of an 80s closet with his tight green pants, a Bob Marley type hair-do, a bulgy belly which was sticking out under his hotel work shirt, and a tattoo of a hairless monkey on his right wrist. He also had a banjo right behind him on the white tile flooring near the front desk.

Michaelangelo: "Welcome to the Beverly Hills Hotel and what can I do for you today, Ma'am?"

(He asked me as he tapped a pen on the front desk)

"I'm looking for Karen Carpenter's room."

(I said to him, as I smiled)

Michaelangelo: "Ma'am, I can't give you that information. It's private and it's for her own safety."

(He spoke with attitude as he looked directly into my eyes)

"Sir, I'm here for her wedding. I'm her maid of honor."

(He looked up at me as I held up my sheet covered dress and my makeup bag)

Michaelangelo: "Oh Ma'am, I apologize. Let me get that information for you right now."

(He said to me as he scanned through his sheets of paperwork to find Karen's room number, where I was supposed to get ready in along with her bridesmaids)

Michaelangelo: "She's on the top floor, Ma'am. In the most fabulous suite that we have."

(I nodded my head as I slightly smiled. This dude was making me feel a bit pissed off)

"Thank you..."

(I said, before walking off to the elevator)

I held onto my dress and kept my makeup bag under my arm as I pressed the elevator button. It was silver with the word "elevator" printed with the bold black lettering. The elevator doors finally opened after it seemed like an eternity. The elevator flooring was white and silver marble tiling which seemed to complement its dark walls. I hit the button for the top floor as the doors finally closed.

-stay tuned for part 2-
I'd like to give an acknowledgement to one of my best friends, Esmeralda, who helped me create one of the characters (aka Michaelangelo). It was her description for the man! So thank you esme! <3

And please feel free to comment and give some feedback.