Chapter 2: Black-bellied Gong x Shy Mimosa Shou (End)

When Xiangyang moved to a place, he received a pot of mimosa from a childhood friend to help him celebrate. The sprig was slender, the leaf blades were very tender and lovely as it stood gracefully. It also has a unique charm, akin to a budding beauty.

The flower was also very small.

Xiangyang’s finger reached out to its leaves and started stroking it. As soon as his warm fingertips made contact with the leaf blade, instantly, it closed and hid itself on the thin branches.

Is it shy?

Xiangyang was very amused. He then wilfully lowered his head and suddenly kissed its branch. Unsurprisingly, it immediately hung down and hid itself in the trunk.

Between animals and the past, if the past Xiangyang were asked which one he’d prefer to take home, he’d definitely pick animals. Animals can communicate and could easily receive responses, plants on the other hand seemed to have something missing from them. However, when he started taking care of a little mimosa at home, this thoughts instantly flew away. He realized that although plants couldn’t speak, they could respond to the love given to them in another way.

Such as when they bloom so gorgeously.

The first thing Xiangyang did every morning when he woke up was to greet the mimosa.

Under the first glimmer of dawn, the smiling handsome man lowered down as he gave the leaves a kiss, so gentle and affectionate that the leaf blade seemed to have responded to it, showing a bashful reaction. But while it was shutting close, it brushed the man’s face along the way. The herbal scent it brought was very fresh and sweet.

Xiangyang: Good morning, Baby.

Xiangyang is a famous architect among the industry and he’s even operating a studio of his own. During his pastimes, he would idly create tons of fun things by himself, but after takinh a mimosa at his home, Xiangyang’s pastimes became his daily routine.

His mimosa loves the shade, but it still had to face the Sun in the end. As Xiangyang bought the boards and other tools he would need, he observed the position of the sunlight in his room for a few days before he started making a flower stand by himself.

Deep and shallow lines slowly formed exquisite patterns on the wooden board. As the carving knife shifted, lots of crumbs started falling and gathering on Xiangyang’s feet. Soon, the flower stand was gradually showing, and Xiangyang’s expression became more soft and focused, even his breathing subconsciously lightened.

Behind him, the shadow of the mimosa projected from the sunlight slowly elongated, turning into a slender young man.

The flower stand was finished in no time. The only problem is the place where he’ll settle it.

It was originally made to fit the balcony perfectly while the mimosa was supposed to be placed there, yet Xiangyang was now feeling hesitant.

In the end, he decided to just place the flower stand beside his bed, then he carried the mimosa and put it there.

“What should I do? It seems like I’m being too greedy. But I only want you to be the first thing I see every morning” As he lowered his eyes and gently rubbed the tip of the leaf blade, Xiang Yang was smiling and his voice sounded particularly soft and magnetic.

As usual, the mimosa bashfully closed its leaves after being caressed. But then for some reason, today, Xiang Yang felt like the little guy’s leaves were closed tighter than usual.