3

(she updated??)
(not proofread so please don't come for me)

..

Ashton hasn't even been here for a full day, and I was already sick of him and his constant pestering. I assume that my mother had alluded to him about my relationship with Nathan, but I wasn't going to let it bother me.

We were perfect and happy.

He didn't need to be involved in any of this, and my mother surely had no right to allow him to be involved. It was ridiculous.

I could hear him downstairs conversing with my mother about whatever things were happening while I got ready to meet up with Nathan. I know my mother had asked that I instead stay at home and not be with Nate while Ashton was here to visit, but it wasn't happening.

"Hey, I'm leaving," I said once I had made my way downstairs and into the living room where Ashton and our mom sat.

"You are?" My mother responded,"Where are you going?"

"Out. With Nathan."

"Sweetheart, I told you that I didn't want you to see him anymore, especially while Ashton is here."

"You can't keep us apart, mom," I said, rolling my eyes.

Ashton kept his eyes darting between the two of us. I could tell that he wanted to speak up but wasn't sure if he should intervene or not.

Newsflash; he shouldn't.

"Ash, what do you think about this?" My mother asked and turned to look at him.

"Well, why don't I go with you and meet this Nathan guy?" He smiled. I'm sure he meant well, but it wasn't happening. He was a doctor, and doctors were nosy.

"Not going to happen."

"That's the only way it's going to happen, Alison," my mother counteracted.

"It'll be fun," Ashton smiled, but his idea of fun was clearly the opposite of mine. "Besides, if he's going to be dating my sister, then I would love to meet him."

I stood there dumbfounded and blinked. He had to be fucking kidding, right? No way was he serious.

"Mom," I groaned, rolling my eyes.

There was no fucking way this was happening right now. They couldn't be serious.

"Alison, you know how I feel about Nathan. If you want to see him, then you will be bringing Ashton with you."

"Mom."

"My final answer."

Another eye roll, and then I locked them with Ashton, who had a dorky smile on his face.

Well, she did only say that I had to bring him, not that I had to interact with or be nice to him.

..

I sat in a cafe with Ashton sitting across from me, both of us waiting on Nate to get here. Truth be told, I was actually quite nervous for Ashton to meet Nate. I'm sure that our mom had more than likely mentioned to Ashton how much she couldn't stand Nathan and all the ludicrous things he did; some felt like she was fabricating, but it didn't matter. We were happy, and he loved me, just like I adored him.

"Ali!" Ashton spoke suddenly after rudely snapping his fingers in my face, alerting me to him. "I've been calling you, hun."

"Oh, sorry, what did you need?"

"I was just wondering when Nathan was going to be here."

I looked at my phone and saw that it had been twenty minutes since Nathan said he was on his way. Oh god, did I do something wrong? Was he mad at me now and going to break up with me?

"He should be here soon," I chose as my response in hopes to not only satisfy Ashton but to calm myself down.

"Good," Ashton replied, picking up the menu and sitting in front of him. "Any idea what you want to eat?"

"Oh, I can't choose yet."

"What? Why not?"

"Well, Nate gets upset if I choose something to eat without asking him first."

Fuck, why did I say that?"

"He what?"

"Nothing, Ashton."

Ashton shook his head, and I could tell he wasn't going to shut up about this. I should've kept my damn mouth shut. "No, Ali, this isn't okay. He can't just do that to you."

"Ashton."

"No, Ali. God, you could be underweight or missing so many nutrients and vitamins because of his nonsense."

"Ashton, just shut up." I held my hand up to stop him from rambling on further. "You haven't been around."

"So? Just because I haven't been around doesn't mean I stopped caring, love. I'm just worried that something really serious could be going on between you and Nathan; even mom thinks so."

"Yeah, sure, Ash. Whatever you say... " but my focus wasn't on him. My focus was on the person who had just walked in the door.

My love, Nate.