Ch-1 Meera's Past

Savitri Sharma , Meera's mother was suffering from a dangerous disease and today in the morning she breathed her last and Bide to the world.

Meera was only 21 years of age. She was in the last year of her college. Seeing Savitri's dead body in front of her eyes covered with white cloth on it. Meera couldn't stop crying. Women sitting nearby tried to console her but she only knew the pain of losing her mother. She only had her mother in this world.

Savitri had sent Meera to Indore for higher studies, only savitri only knew the reason behind it.

In Indore Meera used to study in National College and used to live in a hostel of the college. Meera was a silent one who didn't like to speak much and spend most of her time in books. In college she only had one friend "Nidhi Vyas" who used to live in Indore with her family. Nidhi and Meera were great friends. They spent two years of college together but Nidhi got to know Meera very less and the reason was Meera being introverted or the situation made her grew older for her age.

This time Meera came to Bhopal without informing nidhi. All the arrangements for Savitri's funeral was made. When Savitri's dead body was taken Meera started crying to her heart. Women sitting nearby couldn't stop her and she came running toward the body and said "I will also go with."

"Dear, girls don't go to the burial sites" a woman said who was stand nearby. "I don't want to listen anything I will also go!" Meera said with tears in her eyes."Let her go, and what is the difference between girls and boys in today's world." A man standing near by told to the woman.

Everyone there took Savitri's dead body. With wet eyes and holding a pot for the ritual Meera was walking. It was as if her legs had no courage in them. She has spent very less time with her mother. We don't know what was the reason due to which Savitri kept Meera away from her.Thinking and remembering the past, they had reached the crematorium. Savitri's last rites were performed. Being the only heir she performed all the rituals.It was very difficult to handle Meera in those moments.The eyes of everyone standing there became moist.

Meera came to Indore after a month.She changed her clothes, picked up her books and came to college.After coming to college she talked to the principal and told him about het mother's death.Because she was the most promising student of the college, the principal accepted her one month leave.Meera thanked the principal and came out.

There was still time for the class to start, so she came and sat on the bench and started looking at the ground with sad eyes.Then a familiar voice reached her ears, "Oh madam, where were you, no call or message for so many days, what is going on in your mind?".Meera turned in the direction of the voice Nidhi was standing in front of her.

When Meera did not answer, Nidhi came and sat near her and asked lovingly what happened, is everything okay with?Hearing Nidhi's words, Meera's eyes filled with tears. She looked down at the ground and said, "Mumma nhi rhiii Nidhi."When did this happen? Why didn't you tell me?" Nidhi said in shock.What do I tell you Nidhi?? I myself did not know what pain my mother was going through.So that I don't know anything, she always kept me away from herself and look she's gone away from me forever.While saying this, Meera's eyes filled with tears.

Nidhi took Meera's hand in her hand and looking into her eyes said "You are not alone Meera, I am here don't say such thing to you again" Meera hugged Nidhi. Nidhi kept giving her courage. When it was time for class, both of them got up and went to class. Nidhi went to her home asking Meera to take care of herself but today she was very sad and kept thinking only about Meera.

Next morning the hostel warden asked Meera to vacate the room. Her room rent had not been paid for the last one month. Meera asked for some time's permission but the warden clearly asked her to vacate the room.