Chapter 3: Colliding Ambitions

*Teresa*

The morning sunlight bathed the city in a golden glow, and with a new project ahead, I found myself partnered with Elijah. His commitment to obeying the rules in real estate clashed with my liking for bending the rules, creating an electric tension in the air.

In the sleek confines of his office, Elijah voiced his doubts. "Teresa, our methods are worlds apart. I won't compromise on rules just for success."

I leaned against the polished desk, a sly smile playing on my lips. "Elijah, success requires adaptability. We play by my rules this time, and you might learn a thing or two."

Reluctantly, Elijah agreed, setting the stage for a partnership teetering on the edge of compromise and conflict.

As we discussed negotiations, the difference between Elijahs unwavering commitment to ethical dealings and my willingness to bend the rules became more apparent. Each proposal sparked debates, and our verbal sparring echoed within the glass walls of our shared workspace.

During one intense discussion, Elijah's frustration boiled over. "There has to be a line we don't cross. Success shouldn't come at the cost of our integrity. Well at least my integrity."

I met his gaze "You can keep your ideals. I'll navigate this industry my way."

Our tug-of-war intensified, and yet, beneath the surface, a complex dance unfolded—one of interest, frustration, and the unspoken tension that simmered between us.

I spoke my plan, in line with my rules. "Elijah, I have a plan to secure the major deal. It involves attending an exclusive event with the wealthy host, John. It's an opportunity we can't afford to miss."

His eyes narrowed. "What's the catch, Teresa?"

My smile was coy. "The catch is that sometimes you need to blur the lines for success. I'm considering a more personal approach to seal the deal."

His disapproval was evident. "You're talking about compromising."

I leaned in, our faces inches apart. "Success isn't always black and white. Sometimes, you need to embrace the gray areas to come out on top."

Elijah sat back in his chair and sighed. He didn't look pleased to be working with me on Johns' project. A project that could have us out on top and richer.

It was the first time we had to work together, in the past we would just exchange ideas in the boardroom and call it a day. So we somewhat knew each other, just never in depth.

As our collaboration continued, the lines between professional partnership and personal entanglement blurred. Our debates evolved into a dance of intellectual sparring. Yet, beneath the surface, the tension lingered—a magnetic pull.

"Now tell me" my smile is wide, "Which dress do I wear and what is Johns' favourite meal?"

Elijah frowned. Shaking his head, "If you intent to do this with no rules, I don't want a role in that part of things"

I laughed, unable to resist. "Oh Elijah" holding our gaze together for a split second, "What's the point of being partners if we can't do everything together?"

"I like to do things by the rules"

I rolled my eyes, "I get it. At least teach me a few sex moves" I bluntly say, shuffling the papers beneath my fingers. "It's the least you could do. I've only recently been active, before that, nothing"

Elijah gasped, clearing his throat. "That's none of my business and certainly not something I'm interested in"

I stood up and grabbed my papers alongside my cup of coffee. "You're a shit partner" I say out loud, "At least let's be friends in a way"

Elijah frowned, tilting his head to the side with slight confusion.

"Are you a virgin?" I frown back, unable to read his mind as I remained standing by his desk.

"What?!" He lips parted, "No"

"Then why are you hesitant to help me?"

"Teresa, please go to your office" He looks down, fiddling with his folder.

I sighed.
The least this man could do is help me make us successful, or at least me.
I needed to see my friend Sacha, the one who taught me how to win over men for the success I needed.