Chapter 7: Veil of Darkness

In the ominous glow of the crimson-lit night, Jayden locked eyes with the distorted visage of his mother. The unsettling connection lingered for an eternity, a silent exchange that transcended the boundaries of understanding. For at least 30 seconds, a disconcerting gaze held him captive.

As the weight of the encounter bore down on him, Jayden crumbled to the ground, consciousness slipping away like sand through his fingers. The universe bomb's aftermath had taken its toll, unraveling the fabric of reality in the most disorienting ways.

Amidst the descent into unconsciousness, a haunting transformation befell his mother. Her once-red eyes turned an abyssal black, a void that seemed to devour the remnants of her former self. In a blink, she vanished, leaving behind only the echoes of an encounter that defied reason.

The sudden collapse summoned Kai, Willow, and Asher to Jayden's side. Panic etched their faces as they gently laid him down on two chairs pushed together—a makeshift sanctuary in the midst of the enigmatic High School.

Concern etched into Asher's voice, he declared, "Okay, guys, it's too late to go home, so we have to stay the night here." The gravity of the situation resonated in his words, a reluctant acceptance of the surreal circumstances that bound them together. Kai and Willow nodded in agreement, their shared gaze shifting between Jayden and the crimson-lit surroundings.

The High School, once a symbol of education and normalcy, now harbored an otherworldly secret—an inexplicable convergence of the familiar and the unknown. The veil of darkness that hung over Jayden's encounter with his transformed mother remained, casting shadows on the events that had unfolded.

As Jayden lay unconscious, his dreams a canvas for the strange symphony of the universe bomb's aftermath, those who remained kept a weary vigil. In the stillness of the High School, the night unfolded with an eerie quiet, each passing moment weaving the threads of a narrative that transcended the boundaries of reality.