"because i love her."

Inside Sheriff Stilinski's office, Noah's gaze fixed on the two wolves who had accompanied Stiles. Jackson took a deep breath, acknowledging the gravity of the situation. "Everything's okay, well, not okay. But we're all alive. I think you should hear it from Stiles when he's ready, sir," Jackson explained, attempting to soften the blow of the impending revelation.

Derek and Noah got along great, amazing even. They would watch baseball games together with a cold beer in hand. They would tease Stiles endlessly, Noah telling very embarrassing stories of Stiles as a child.

Noah saw Derek as a son, as family, just as he did the whole pack, so when he finds out, well, let's just say Derek may or may not be shot with wolfsbane bullets.

Noah nodded, appreciating Jackson's concern but couldn't help but roll his eyes with a faint smile. "How many times do I have to tell you to call me Noah?" he remarked, turning his head to acknowledge Cora. "Cora, I presume? It's good to see you alive."

"Likewise, Sheriff," Cora responded respectfully.

Before the conversation could progress further, Deputy Parrish rushed to the door, a sense of urgency in his voice. "Sheriff, I hate to interrupt, but we got a call."

"I'll be right there, Parrish," Noah replied, then turned his attention back to Stiles, who was still wrapped around him. "Hey, you okay, kiddo?"

Stiles nodded, inhaling his father's scent before letting go. "I'm fine," he reassured, offering a watery smile.

Concern lingered in Noah's gaze as he addressed Stiles. "If you need me, I'll send out another deputy—"

Stiles cut his dad off, asserting his independence. "No, it's okay. I'm okay. I'll see you back at the house tonight."

"If you're absolutely sure."

"I am. Be safe out there."

"Love you, kid."

"Love you, Dad."

Jackson, attuned to the situation, stepped in with a supportive gesture. "I sent a text to Boyd, and he's going to be dropping off your jeep at your dad's."

"Thanks, Jax," Stiles expressed his gratitude.

The bonds within the pack proved to be a source of strength, a lifeline that Stiles clung to as he navigated the complexities of his emotions and the unfolding events.

***

In the solitude of his room, Stiles paced back and forth, frustration emanating from every stride. He had sent Jackson and Cora back to the pack house, needing a moment alone to grapple with the uproar of emotions consuming him. Tugging at his hair, he couldn't escape the anger simmering within.

He was furious, not just at Derek but at himself for allowing Derek to burrow into his heart so deeply. It wasn't just the chiseled features or the handsome face that had drawn Stiles in; it was the layers beneath the tough exterior that had captured his affection. Derek, despite his gruff demeanor, was a big, soft teddy bear underneath. His dry sense of humor resonated perfectly with Stiles' sarcasm, and the way he cared for his pack, praised them, and showed pride in their achievements had only deepened Stiles' admiration.

Stiles fell in love because Derek, for all his initial stoicism, was a goofball once you broke down the walls he had constructed for good reason. Each new layer Stiles discovered made him love the grump even more, cliché but undeniably true. And now, in the wake of the recent revelation, Stiles found himself infuriated because he never fathomed that Derek could inflict such pain upon him. The betrayal cut deep, leaving Stiles grappling with a whirlwind of emotions that he hadn't anticipated.