Chapter 6

"No...no"

I begged.

"No"

"You can't leave me just yet. I'm not ready for you to leave me yet."

Halo laid in my arms, impossible. I knew this couldn't be it. It can't be it. Halo was my heart.

"Please, wake up," I pleaded through tears, my desperate words echoing in the air. Despite the evident struggle, Halo remained conscious, as if clinging to the remnants of a fading reality. The fierce battle for his presence persisted, and a wave of helplessness washed over me.

The urge to call for assistance tugged at my instincts, but a harsh truth lingered – no external force could intervene and salvage him. In that dire moment, it was a solitary fight, a battle waged within the fragile confines of our shared existence.

Cradling him in my arms, I witnessed the tenacity with which he clung to consciousness. "Stay with me, Halo," I implored, a plea infused with the desperation of a soul yearning for a little more time. In that delicate juncture between presence and potential loss, every passing second carried the weight of an eternity.

In that poignant moment, it became evident that he harbored a final sentiment desperate to escape his lips. The lingering question hung in the air—was he resilient enough to articulate it, would the unspoken sentence find its way into the world? With a flicker of uncertainty, his eyes slowly opened, meeting mine in a gaze that carried the weight of his ultimate revelation.

His dwindling breaths, precious and fleeting, were offered as a testament to the significance of what he yearned to convey. In the silence, he held onto those last inhalations, a poignant sacrifice dedicated to expressing the unspoken depths of his heart.

Initially, words eluded him. Instead, he chose the language of admiration, his gaze becoming a poignant dialogue. In those final moments, he beheld me with a reverence that transcended spoken language. It struck me profoundly – the only person who had witnessed the essence of my beauty was now witnessing it for the last time, a bittersweet culmination of shared existence.

Despite the overwhelming urge to crumble under the weight of the moment, I knew I had to remain steadfast. The desire to exchange my place with Halo surged through me, an impossible wish in the harsh reality we faced. In the midst of my turmoil, the only solace I could offer was a final kiss – a fleeting attempt to infuse our shared moments with an enduring essence.

My lips met his in a bittersweet embrace, a silent plea for salvation in the face of an inevitable farewell. This wasn't a tale with the promise of a happily-ever-after through a true love's kiss; it was the rawness of reality, an unscripted narrative unfolding before our eyes.

Leaning in for that last, tender kiss, I encountered his soft, ethereal lips. In a surprising surge of strength, Halo responded, his lips meeting mine with a poignant intensity. His hand, weakened yet purposeful, rested on my cheek. This time, it was he who gently wiped away my tears, a poignant reversal of roles in our shared journey through the harsh terrain of reality.

He finally spoke to me. His words will forever linger in my mind. The words I so desperately wanted to hear.

"Nadalia... I love you," he murmured, his words delicate. It marked the initial utterance of those three powerful words, destined to be the first and last time he will ever say them to me. "I love you too," I responded, my voice faltering as I struggled to suppress tears.

A faint smile played on his lips; I yearned to plead for him to stay, but deep down, I acknowledged the futility, understanding that even if he wished to stay, it was an impossibility.