1

The sun was shining, no clouds in the sky. Sky, bright blue. Beaming down, like a bright smile from up above. Yet, this didn't make any of the Davidson's happy. 

Scarlett stared out the window of her mothers car, in the backseat because Sam always had shotgun. Music played quietly in the background, Scarlett couldn't stand being in her mothers car for another minute.

Scarlett looked at the green mountains that went on for miles and miles outside her window. 

"Are we almost there? I'm getting hungry," Sam tapped to the beat of the song on the glass of the window.

"Ten more minutes, you can wait ten minutes I hope," Scarlett's mom asked Sam who was looking out the window at the scenery.

"I suppose so," Sam threw his head back into the car seat impatiently.

Scarlett rolled her eyes at her older brothers antics. Could he seriously not wait ten minutes? She put her hands on her face and sighed quietly. She missed her friends. She missed Miami. She didn't want to change. Scarlett hated change.

Sam started to hum to the music on the radio. It was an old tune, a song their father used to play. Their mothers favorite song, More Than a Feeling by Boston. Their mom loved it so much because her name is Marianne. Her father would always play it when they were cooking.

Michael (Mikey) Davidson was their loving father for 11 years Scarlett's life. He sadly passed away of a bad incident at work. No details needed to go into it.

But, the Davidson's would always still listen to the song while they were cooking, always reminded them of their father.

"Scarlett you have been awfully quiet back there, are you okay honey?" She asked with worry in her eyes, Scarlett could see it in the car window reflection.

"I'm fine," Scarlett bluntly said, obviously not okay. Meaning she didn't want to talk to anyone.

For what seemed like years, they finally arrived to their new house. Or should I say condos. The Davidson's were used to living in a condo because after Michael died they moved to somewhere smaller because they knew they didn't need a huge home for three people.  

Scarlett sighed for what seemed like the tenth time in five minutes. She wasn't happy about this whole move. Scarlett was very pessimistic about this. Half glass empty. 

They grabbed everything and made it to their condo. Scarlett looked at the mold growing pool. Scarlett gagged as she saw a whole dead squirrel in the mold infested pool. Was anyone gonna clean that? It smells like shit.

The whole family walked through the door and they all gave their first impressions. They knew they would settle down and become comfortable soon. 

•••

They family finished brining in all their bags and other things into the house. Finally settled. Scarlett sat at the old couch that was ripping at the seams, Scarlett played with the sewing that was barely sewed into the couch. Why was Scarlett so anxious?

"I'm going for a walk," Scarlett told to her busy mother trying to fix the leaking faucet, which she was struggling with.  Anastasia

"That's fine honey, just be careful." Her mother smiled at the anxious girl who was throwing on a sweatshirt seeing that it was the evening with a light breeze.

Scarlett nodded her head at her mother. Scarlett looked around, she finally come to conclusion that this move wasn't a dream. It was reality. Scarlett made her way to the door, the knob shined brightly. She could see her own sad reflection in the knob. She twisted it and a light breeze hit her face. She looked back at her mom, which she was still busy.

On her way out Scarlett closed the door lightly trying not to startle her mother. Scarlett looked up in the sky to see that there was a gorgeous sunset forming. Pink, orange, reds in the sky. Which made Scarlett slightly crack a smile on her face. 

"The sky's pretty isn't it?" A boy smiled at Scarlett and looked up into the sunset sky. 

"Well, I suppose so," Scarlett nodded at the tall brunette boy who stood upon her.

"You'll always see a sunset like that in California, perks of living here," The boy said knowing that Scarlett was new to this apartment complex.

"Well, you must be new. I'm Miguel," he smiled at the girl and took a step closer.

"I'm Scarlett," She smiled at the boy, one of the first smiles she has done in a while.

"Your smile is as pretty as the sunset Scarlett," Miguel smiled to make the girl happier because he knew she was down before he arrived.

"Thank you," Scarlett said, making her want to flaunt her smile all the time.

"Well, I hope to see you around Scarlett. Get some rest, I assume your at my school?" Miguel questioned the smiling girl.

"I believe so. I hope to see you around as well Miguel," Scarlett sensed that the conversation was coming to an end. 

They both said their goodbyes and Scarlett still had a wide smile plastered across her face. Scarlett made her way back inside the condo. Thankfully her mother was done fixing up the faucet so she could take the break she ever so needed.

"Honey, would you like some tea?" She asked as she took her hair out of the tight bun it was in beforehand.

"Yes, that would be lovely mom." Scarlett looked at her happy mother which made Scarlett happier. 

Scarlett's mom gave Scarlett her tea and they sat down on the couch. Scarlett hugged her mother and gave her a wide smile. 

"When I was in my walk I met a sweet boy, I believe he goes to my new school," Scarlett sipped her tea.

"That's lovely to hear honey, I'm glad you are already making friends." She smiled at her daughter. Sam rolled his eyes at the bonding that was going on between Scarlett and his mother.

•••

Meanwhile,

"Dude, dude you have to be kidding me," Hawk shouted as he threw his phone on the ground.

"What's up with you?" James asked the furious boy.

(hey reader! sorry for the confusion james is a made up character i created, sorry for the confusion)

"Dude I'm so done. I'm failing three of my main core classes. My mom's gonna kill me and take me out of karate," Hawk sighed cursing himself out.  

"That sucks for you, just pay attention and study then you'll be fine," James hit the boy in the shoulder playfully.

"Yeah that's super easy, thanks for that life changing idea!" Hawk smiled at the boy sarcastically.

•••

Scarlett tucked herself in her cold sheets. It made her feel bare. She was uncomfortable. But Scarlett thought on the bright side, she'll get used to it. 

Hopefully she will get used to all of this.

•••

char speaks!

hey y'all i hope 

you guys are enjoying

the book so far because 

i am having fun wiring it.

question for y'all,

my friends have all been 

beefing at school about 

something, is 

Jeremy Allen White good 

looking? i say absolutely yes. 

everyone else is saying no?!

what do y'all think