Servants

Knuckles wipes away his tears just as he heard the door being tapped on. "Leave me alone!" He yelled. "I'm afraid we can't do that sweetie now open up we have your stuff." A sweet female voice said that was comforting to knuckles. He gets up and walks to the door then opens it seeing no one. "Down here sweetie" he looks down and jumps back. "What the fuc—whoa!" He falls back then starts scooting back in panic. "It's ok dear we don't bite now we brought you some tea and a some warm soup and biscuits." The female voice said. "and I'll start your fireplace" said a male voice. Knuckles watches the silver and sapphire incrusted candlestick hop over to the fireplace and lights up the logs while a purple and gold teapot rolls in a tea cart having the shelf extended and place his duffel bag on his bed. "I must be dreaming..... this has to be a dream.... Candlesticks and teapots don't talk or move...." He said then jump when he felt a burn. "OW!" He yank up his hand and holds it. "Nope you're wide awake sir" the candlestick said. "Ok.... I have definitely lost my mind...." Knuckles said. "Oh nonsense now please eat up and relax it's been so long since we had a guest." The teapot smiled. "My name is Blaze by the way dear." The teapot said as knuckles slowly walks up to the talking objects. "And I'm sonic just pull that rope over there and we will come." The candlestick said. "Now what be your name?" Blaze asked as knuckles takes a sip of the tea that turned out really good. "Umm Knuckles...." He said. "I can't believe I'm talking to objects..." he thought. "A pleasure now tomorrow morning the master requests that you join him for breakfast and would like to know what you would like to eat." Blaze asked. "Why would he care?" Knuckles said. "Well he wants you to feel at home here. We know he didn't make the best first impressio—" "Impression?! He accused my father of theft when he wasn't stealing anything! I'm here because I didn't want my father to suffer! How could that monster be anything more?!" Knuckles yelled. "If he was such a monster why give you a room and not have you in the cold dungeon? Why did he say you can roam around the castle and its grounds?Why did he send us to give you a warm meal and to make sure you had your stuff?" Sonic asked and knuckles looks down. "Ok... he has a point there." He thought. "My point exactly" "Sonic hush. Shadow has just been through a lot these past ten years" Blaze said. "Shadow? Is that his name?" Knuckles asked. "Yes that is his name." Sonic said. "Look just join him tomorrow we promise you will see him in a different way. Until then please enjoy the meal and get some sleep sweetie." Blaze said in a kind way that comforts knuckles. "Ok thank you" he said and watched sonic hop on the cart before the two rolled away. Knuckles sighs and eats the meal which tasted like home and he takes off his boots. He looks at his bag and decided to unpack tomorrow.

For now he lays down on the soft bed and quickly drifts off to sleep.