Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I've just explained everything to Amy. I've told her all the riddles, what I've been going through and what the last riddle meant. I'm just waiting for her reaction, it looks as if she's trying to process what I've just said.

"Shauna what did you do?" She whispers quietly. That's what I've been asking my myself.

"I really don't know, I don't know who I've pissed off before and who would even be so cruel to even do this!" I reply whisper-shouting. I was always good when I was younger, never smoked, had manners and didn't loose my virginity 'til I was 16.

"It's 1am, we better get to sleep. Why don't we go hiking in the forest tomorrow?" Amy suggests. I think that sounds like a good idea, nothing like a good walk.

"Sure, that sounds great. Let's go to sleep." I yawn and make my way towards the stairs. I completely lost track of time, last time I looked at the clock it was 9:30.

****

The sound of Amy's phone alarm wakes me up. The constant beep sound annoys me so much it gets to the point where I nearly snatch the phone off the locker and smash it off the wall.

Amy rolls over and turns it off. She sits up and stretches will yawning. I look over to my closed curtains, the sky is still dark?

"Amy, what time is it?" I mutter.

"7:30am, let's hike!" She jumps out from the bed and puts on a pair of shorts and a hoodie. I groan and get out, slower than Amy. I also put on shorts and a hoodie. I put on my blue boots, aswell as Amy and we get into my car.

Amy and I used to always go for walks in the forest, it was our way of keeping fit and in shape. But we haven't been here in ages. It was just left forgotten. I can't wait to see the good old forest again.

We express our happiness about coming back to this place in which we used to go to everyday. The drive is twenty minutes, and all we did was talk about the funny moments we had in there. One day when we were walking I fell over a root of a tree and landed face first into the ground. Amy was looking up into the sky seeing if it was going to rain so she didn't see me, and she tripped over me and also face-planted the ground. We stead on the ground laughing about it for like ten minutes straight. Ah, good days.

Shannon had a job at the time so she never came with us. On one occasion she came but she couldn't do it anymore. Then when Shannon quit her job, Amy and I stopped going for walks so we could catch up with Shannon by doing loads of fun things around New York, all the walking around when shopping helped keep us in shape.

I recognise the scenery as we come to a halt outside the forest. I jump out of my car and just sniff in. The scent is amazing and so familiar. It's abit out from the city so there's no beeping cars or anything, it's just quiet and perfect.

"Let's go!" Amy shouts adjusting her shorts. I wait for her to finish and then we walk into the massive, never-ending forest.

It's just how I remember, one big wide path running through an uncountable amount of coniferous trees. Amy and I never follow the path, we used to take a different way everyday. But now we're not that handy on what way the forest works because it's all been left behind.

But I'm up for abit of adventure today, so I drag Amy off the path and run through the spaces inbetween the tall trees. It almost resembles the forest that the Cullen's live beside in Twilight, I can just imagine Edward Cullen running right past us along with Bella in his arms. I know I'm a creep.

I let go of Amy's hand and keep running my own way. I dodge through all the trees and jump over the big rocks. I feel like an Olympic start on a race track running over hurdles.

I stop hearing footsteps behind me, so I stop. I turn around and realize there's no sign of Amy behind me. We've often got lost in here before but that was when we knew the place like the back of our hands. I don't even remember the way back to my car!

"Amy!" I shout and then wait to see if I get some response, but I don't. My voice echos through the land. But unfortunately, Amy's doesn't.

I walk back through the forest, trying to retrace my steps. Although I don't think I'm doing a very good job. I stop and look around to find anything that I might of saw while running, but nope nothing.

I can hear screaming in the distance. But that's not just anyone screaming, that's Amy screaming! Shit!

"AMY! AMY!" I scream. She's still screaming her head off, I don't think she hears me.

"Amy stop messing with me!" I shout, but I don't actually think she is messing with me.

The screaming stops. It just stops and everything is quiet again, FUCK!

"AMY!" I scream once again. I wait for a response but am again disappointed by my results.

I get startled by the beep of my phone. I've just received a new text message. And it's from the one and only... Amy! I open it straight away.

"Hello there Shauna, 

Your friend is gone, 

Bye bye Amy, 

She was the last one."

How could I have forgotten about that person?! Of course he was going to follow us here! I text Amy's phone back hoping that he at least gives me a chance.

"Have you killed her?" I reply with. The tears stream down my face as I remember her pain filled screams. I can't believe I forgot! I'm so fucking stupid! And now I'm lost in the fucking forest with no clue on how to get back the my car.

I just walk. I don't know where I'm heading but I just do not care. I find my way out, then I find my way out. That's the motto I have to keep myself going. Yay go Shauna!

Still no response from the person. Wait can't the police track from where the person sent a text? I think they can! Wait, Shauna, wait... He probably left it here, there's no point in going to the police. He's smarter than you think.

"What am I going to do now?" I mutter to myself still walking in the forest. At last I see my car in the distance. Probably the only thing good about this whole day, I get to go home.

I run out to my car, not looking back at the forest. Its safe to say that I'm never coming back here again!

I drive back in silence to my house. I get out of my car and slam the door shut. I march into my house and close the door behind me. But before I can take a step further, I fall to the ground in tears. I have no one now. No one! Conor's dead, Luke's dead, Shannon's been kidnapped and I don't know if Amy's dead or kidnapped yet.

Eventually I just black out, right there infront of my front door. Today was a long day, I need sleep.