The Wolf and the Lamb

🔱I don't know how to be angry with you, but my pride demands I figure it out

🔱
I don't know how to be angry with you, but my pride demands I figure it out.

Eden Lovelace's first act of Godhood was when a Sheaf of wheat appeared above her head

Eden Lovelace's first act of Godhood was when a Sheaf of wheat appeared above her head. But not without a stomach knot. Not without her knuckles cracked. Edens father sacrificed himself so she could get glory. But she'd be damned if the Gods above called this glory.

The Gods had no mercy when slaughtering Callahan Lovelace — he had been greedy and attempted to fool the Gods. Eden's father had suffered the soft feast of organs the day he sought to Demeter, he had craved an unquenchable desire; it was suffering. Callahans faith in turning his daughter into a poltergeist, or something that she wasn't, muscled into holy war.

Callahan would never be clean from sin, no God would ever return his purity. Especially Demeter; she's striking when wicked, and uses madness against terror to destroy any man. Demeter was furious that he'd made her offspring into something so cold and malignant.

The Lovelace man had swallowed sacred secrets, not daring to vomit up the words of a tragedy to his daughter. He prayed to the Gods that she'd never be claimed, never see the face of clinical satisfaction when something he was terribly afraid of rose above her head.

Callahan shut Eden down whenever she'd talk about the struggle of taking in the sight of her eyes being gouged out, bloody but never unbowed. Callahan would kneel at her feet with shaking fists, begging for her to never leave him, never let him suffer in a religious way. But not all promises can be kept.

The man's enormity disgusted the Gods above, knowing that Eden always had a repulsive need to be something more than human. Demeter knew the man's most weak and ugliest spots, she'd find them and crush him right between her palm. Yet Eden still felt the need to blame herself for Demeter's antics. She could feel her father's blood on her palms.

Imprecise grief shoved its way down Eden's throat, she couldn't resist the urge spending her entire days basking in a pain no greater could fix. Her monstrous needs that she knew were cruel, made her weary. Fate had killed Callahan and Eden was waiting for it to catch up to her.