ATLANTIS: THE BARONS OF COPPER

"Various disasters have occurred and will continue to occur that have devastated humanity; among them, the greatest have been caused by fire and water."

Atlantis. No other name has evoked such resonance in millions of people on Earth for thousands of years. It borrowed its identity to a space shuttle. It has been featured in significant movies and television programs. A multitude of new books are emerging, surpassing the number of publications about a submerged country released to date. Additionally, there are approximately 2,500 articles and magazine writings on the subject. Even a specific foundational proposition related to the lost city, mentioned alongside traditional scientists, is sufficient to condemn them with the empathy of 'false lunatics.' Despite over a century of official opposition, the intense interest of an international community, mostly composed of independent researchers, and people's enchantment with Atlantis, all demonstrate the resilience of the general belief in its once-real existence.

At the beginning of the 21st century, the rapidly accumulating volume of significant scientific evidence is swiftly transforming theory into reality, unexpectedly expanding this field.

Despite all the fame surrounding Atlantis, many people know very little about it. They speculate that it was a kingdom in the ocean, dominating a large part of the globe for many years before being submerged by a natural disaster, after which the survivors fled to various parts of the planet. Many experts in Atlantis studies believe that this civilization originated in the "Atlantis" continent at least twelve thousand years ago and was destroyed by a major flood around 9500 BC. However, this book confronts both skeptics and true believers with the danger of being left behind. It is not a rehash of my previous research on the Destruction of Atlantis; instead, it presents entirely new material on the same subject. The Atlantis war, the four great floods, and the destinies of the survivors on the world's surface are narrated here for the first time.

The first seeds of 'Survivors of Atlantis' were sown at a conference of scientific authorities convened in the city of Cambridge, England. In the summer of 1997, experts from various academic disciplines, including geology, astrophysics, archaeoastronomy, and oceanography, gathered to radically depart from the familiar image taught by previous generations of educators and combine their independent findings. The new evidence they presented was as convincing as it was surprising. They demonstrated that a series of close encounters with comets during the early stages of human history led to four different floods on our planet. These celestial events and the disasters they caused are not just theoretical deductions; a wealth of concrete evidence confirms that these global catastrophes indeed occurred, with the latest one pushing civilization to the brink of extinction.

After examining dozens of presentations at the Cambridge conference, it was impossible not to notice that many cultures around the world shared the memory of the four great floods, followed by mass migrations. This tradition was shared by various peoples such as the Incas in Peru, the Celts in Ireland, the Greeks in classical times, and the Aztecs in Mexico. Furthermore, there is a close alignment between the memories of these peoples and the scientific acceptance of a quartet of natural disasters that began over five thousand years ago and wreaked havoc on the Earth. However, when the evidence obtained through physical archaeology is added to mythology, astronomy, and geology, a sudden new light shines upon the ancient past. Its brilliance illuminates the previously unseen causes that shaped history. What is clearly evident is the repetition of a common theme, echoing and giving meaning to all the ups and downs in the grand drama of humanity—Atlantis. And the inevitable emergence of this name is with all its power.

Establishing a connection between the submerged country and the four separate global disasters that we now know occurred explains not only the beginning and development of civilization but also Atlantis within the reliable parameters of real history, not as a speculative fantasy. Atlantis experienced not just one but several different catastrophes, each occurring hundreds of years apart, until the fourth destruction annihilated the kingdom. 'Survivors of Atlantis' narrates these distinct events for the first time, attempting to explain them through the traditions of Egypt, Mesopotamia, Morocco, the Canary Islands, Ireland, Wales, Scandinavia, pre-Columbian North America, pre-conquest Central America, and pre-conquest South America. Many myths about the Atlantis flood, describing the submerged country, had never before reached the general public, but this book presents this information, along with scientific evidence, to involve the reader. Above all, the men and women of the pre-classical era were witnesses to the floods and disasters they recorded their histories upon, repeatedly destroying their worlds. Papyrus burns; words carved in stone erode; clay tablets break. However, the message enshrined in mythology, of vital importance, endures like the body of an insect preserved in amber for a long time.