The Godstone book 1: Prehistory Part 4

♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️
                   THE WITCH KING

Using Onyx's secret door, Botan found his way to the pond of evil waters. The black surface began to stir as he approached. It was as if it was calling to him. In a trance-like state, Botan moved forward. Step by step.

When he reached the middle of the pond, he submerged under the dark surface. Time passed. And when Botan finally resurfaced, he had been transformed into the foremost champion of evil.

A dark prince, tall and terrifying.

♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️

With the support of the dark powers, Botan became the most powerful sorcerer in the north. From the unknown and frightening Muspellheim, Marlok's dark realm, Botan summoned all the monsters he could find: Goblins, demons, and evil spirits.

And through the power of Nexsus, Botan gained control over the evil dragons that served Marlok: the red and the black.

Botan now turned his gaze towards the kings who refused to follow him. And a fanatical hatred awakened within him.

By Marlok's mighty thunder hammer, Botan swore that he would avenge those who had not accepted his position as the ruler of the world!

Each and every one of them would suffer so terribly that they would kneel at his feet and beg him to end their pain!

He would torture them all until they were mere shadows of themselves, and their bodies gave up. But even in death, they would not escape.

♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️

Botan kept his dark promise.

All prisoners brought to Botan's lair were subjected to evil magic. With the powers given to him by Nexsus, Botan twisted the poor creatures' souls so that those who had once been good and noble became something evil and dark, before being returned to their ravaged bodies.

Because of the dark magic Botan had used, the captured souls were now Botan's slaves, obliged to obey his slightest command.

These creatures, subsequently called undead by the people, became, like all the other evil creatures, an important part of Botan's immortal army.

Botan's terror spread far beyond Vanaheim. And all, both humans and other creatures, suffered cruelly. Among them were the mountain dwarves. A proud race who, like the elves, belonged to the first and oldest beings in the world.

The mountain dwarves were the finest blacksmiths and builders of Vanaheim, and under their diligent hands, intelligence, and sense of beauty, they could create the most wonderful things - from weapons and armor to beautiful sculptures and lavish homes.

When Botan learned of the dwarves' skills from a slave, he was darkened with envy and hatred. And he immediately decided that this people's knowledge would only belong to him.

He was the master of the world, and all races, whether they were humans, elves, or dwarves, would be his slaves.

Botan hated that there were any who were mightier than he, and he would not rest until all magic and knowledge belonged to him.

As a reward for his indiscretion, the poor slave who had revealed the dwarves' secrets was thrown into the wolf den, and Botan's grim throne room was filled with human screams and wolf howls echoing with wildness.