Deja Vu

Waking up in cold sweat in the middle of the night wasn't exactly the best start but after those dreams or rather nightmares of the past you couldn't go back to sleep. You decided on a walk as you slowly crept out of bed with Mitsuri Sleeptalking about dessert... She truly was adorable.

Leaving the shelter you roamed around in the wisteria filled forest. This was probably the only area that was so peaceful during nights without the lurking demons is what you thought.

Having a proficiency to sound always helped in circumstances. Especially now as you can hear someone creeping up on you. They were so quiet you could make out that it is someone of high caliber and the size of it was also so small, like an animal. Maybe a tracking device of some sorts.

'It couldn't be a demon of course, this would be a massacre place for demons. An assassin from your old clan? Maybe.'

Taking steps to reach a large tree you let the tail follow you till you quickly jump on one of its branches looking down trying to find it as a shudder passes down your spine as you feel someone loom behind you. 

Swiftly turning back you see the child from earlier. No. The Mist Hashira. He looks at you with a quizzed expression and tilting his head as he speaks up "What're you-" before you quickly close his mouth and hiss at him to be quiet. The boy then slowly removes your hand and laughs. Gosh did he look like a small angel. 

"It's been amusing to watch you getting rid of the musclemice." he says as his expression again goes back to a stare. "The what-" you say looking down to notice a mouse..with abs..?" 

"What the fuck is that little thing-" you explain as the mouse seems to scurry away. 

"It's Tengen's pets you'd say. He has trained them.. into whatever they are. They provide with assistance." explains Muichiro. 

"Ah- I..I see" you say with a red face still embarrassed your encounter with the mice and that someone saw it too. "So, what are you doing here?" you ask him wanting to change the topic.

"I often come to the forest if I'm not posted somewhere on duty at nights. I can't fall asleep." he says softly. "Is it nightmares?" you ask softly well aware of the situation. 

"No. It's the opposite. There are no dreams.." he says looking at you this time with an expressionless face that still seems to contain some sadness. You are curious regarding to what he meant but you stop there. Most demon slayers have a sad past, he seemed like no stranger to it either. 

You both then get down walking back to the mansion as you tell him about your breathing style which he seemed curious about. "You seem to remind me of someone, but I don't remember who." he says before he leaves. You can't figure out if that's good or bad. To be fair the way he laughed he reminded you of Surutan too. You return to your room to sleep again for a few hours while Mitsuri still was sleep-talking about some kind of rice bowl..

The Next day

You were woken up by an excited Mitsuri. "Y/n! Y/n! Let's go grab breakfast. Then you have your training too. Obanai will returning tonight too!" she says with a light blush as she scurries along to eat. They're both idiots in love is all you mutter with a laugh. 

Rest of your day goes in training with Tengen as the others seem to be training with each other too. He gives you a brief about all the other upper moons and known information about the strong demons along with Muzan. The rest of the time he puts you through hellish training and mostly physical training. You were amazing with your sword and breathing techniques but perfect fitness and physical attributes are something you lacked which the former hashira seemed to be obsessed with. You also told him about your run in with the muscle mice.. leaving out the you thinking they're spies and Muichiro part. 

Just as you were returning from dinner your kasugai crow named Rokku comes along. She was a cute little thing that seemed good natured especially when you gave her bird seed. She delivers the message that Obanai has returned. 

You quickly run towards the entrance to find him. His eyes seem to light up spotting you as you go and hug him. Noticing that he seems to have no wounds you feel relieved. 

"Obi.. it's been so long" you say as he pats you on your head. 

"N/n we have so much to talk about" he says in a soft tone.

(N/n)= Nick name