Chapter 1: Notification

Everyone has a spark that brightens their day.

Something that excites them through their day, maybe a hobby, the presence of a dear beloved, but in this case, it was just a notification...

A notification...

Liz had been waiting all day for that damn notification, it always popped on her screen early. Her eyes dart through the screen of her cell phone from time to time, while she was at work. Her mind was not really paying attention to the conference.

'Did I lose my streak?' She wondered as she bit her lower lip nervously, fiddling with the pencil between her fingers. She kept her hands behind her back, maintaining her composure in front of all the people present, but behind that facade, she was an anxious mess. Her mind raced a mile per second, just thinking about losing the streak, the thing she worked years on, it just made her sick the thought of it, almost making her dizzy.  

Liz came back to reality, snapping from her thoughts when all the gatherers started clapping, instinctively she also clapped to whatever they were clapping at. Her gaze switched toward the man standing, seemingly being the one whom everyone was cheering at.

Monkey King, one of the most powerful renowned men in the city, dressed in a dark suit, his ginger hair combed back neatly, making him look handsome and elegant.  He moved his hand gracefully as he talked, and grinned brightly, the golden shine of the ring in his right hand sparkling. 

Everyone loved the so-called King, but Liz hated him. He was so arrogant and annoying, she could not stand him if not for her friend, Grecia, who was the wife of that man and deeply in love with him, always yapping around at how handsome and perfect her husband was.

Liz let out a sigh and waited for the man to finish his speech, with a bored face. When finally the self-centered jerk finished his speech the meeting was over, everyone hurriedly left the conference room. 

One by one, the grand room became empty, Liz still lingering with a feeling of worry. She took a deep breath and finally grabbed her cell phone out of her handbag. Now that the room was all alone, she could have some silence to pay special attention to the cause of her unease, but before she could tap down on the screen, a hand was placed over her shoulder. She flinched at the sudden touch, startled, and turned around to face the person.

It was her friend, Patricio, smiling at her brightly. "Hi, why so lonely, Liz? This is unlikely of you." He pointed out and gave her a friendly nudge with his elbow. "By the way, why so distracted?" He said, and waved a hand in front of her face, snapping his fingers. "Are you okay, Liz?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PARA MI amiguita LIZBETH JIPIIIIII, capitulo corto porque me presionan,  bueno, como sea, bye-bye!

romelynersosub