Chapter 19

" let's  go inside .."  athy said as she noticed all those stares on her.. The nobles are trying to figure out their future..

Will their strongest princess continues to rule the country..?!! Will they get any chance to obtain power..?!!  What if her husband becomes the king..?!! Then obelia would become the most powerful country..!!!  Is that cute little guy their only prince..?!! They are having all sort of thoughts as they saw them walking inside..

The grand meeting room contains only three people as raon was roaming around the palace under  cabel 's supervision. Behind him was all the magic tower assistants.. They are delighted to see such a cute human exists and is running in front of them.

"so.. Wait.. Wait.. You are not going to become the empress your highness..?!!!" ijekeil asked in complete shock..

Lucas stared at their conversation with a blank  face as he already  predicted her reply.

" yeah.. So please become the next emperor.. I can believe No one other than you.. Handing over  the throne must be shocking for you to hear...but it's something I always dreamed about.. I don't want to live in this castle anymore..

If you insist on denying my request.. I have no other  choice but to become the queen.. Then.. My dream of escaping this hell of a palace walls will shatter and I would have to live the rest of my life in this damn place.. I really  hate to do that ijekeil "she said..

Seeing her pained expression made his heart break.. He knew how much she loathed her life as a princess.. How much she dreamed of freedom..he used to love her  more than himself.. He still do but he is trying his best to forget about her.

The fact that she has a husband and a son.. He is trying hard to etch it on his memory so that he won't see her as his lover subconsciously even for a second.. It's hard.. Still.. He is trying his best. He stared at her expression for  a while then his lips slowly curved into a smile..

He finally found something... A purpose in his life. He quit living as  the puppet son of his father and was lost.. Not knowing what he is living for.. if it's not for fulfilling his father's wishes... He now found his purpose in life..

To make the dream of his loved woman come true.. He wants to live a life useful to others.. To the people in his country.. To his colleagues.. And importantly his ex lover.. Although it's one sided.. He felt like his life  has found  it's meaning

" if I can help you live your dream life.. I am more than happy to do anything for you athy" he said and smiled..

His heart fluttered when she give him a heartfelt brightest smile.. Her eyes which used to be dull and lifeless shined brighter.. They hold gratitude... He felt an immense happiness in his heart..

"thank you so much.." she said bowing and he panicked..

" what are you doing...?!!  Please get up.." he said and  she giggled.. He felt like melting.. How long has it been since he saw her bright and full of life like this..?!!
When they were young.. When she was an adorable little girl full of dreams..

He smiled bright..

" so.. Your highness.. Are you ready for your coronation.?!" she asked  smiling.

" of course.." he said and smiled back.. Lucas watched everything in silence.. His lips curved into a small smile.. It's not his character to thank people but he really  wanted to thank ijekiel today ..

When athy roamed around the corridors. For one last time.. Memories flooded her like tidal  waves .. How many yeas she walked on  these corridors feeling empty  inside..?!!