Love Hurts Sometimes

TW: Suicide mentions, mental breakdown.
STEVE x READER.

I was the happiest in the gang besides Two-Bit, but one day my shine just disappeared instantly. I felt empty, dead. I felt like I needed to get some weight off my chest, but I didn't know how to.

The gang could notice that my shine was gone. I didn't make jokes, I didn't laugh. Most they could do was make me crack a smile, but that's all. They spoke amongst themselves, wondering what could be wrong. They were talking about it for nothing, because I didn't even know what was wrong myself.

I was sitting on the couch, reading a copy of 'Gone with the Wind' that Pony gave me.  Dallas was sitting beside me, and Soda was on the other side of me. Then, the house phone rang, and Steve picked it up. "Hello? Uh, yeah? Y/N, this is for you." Steve said, and I got up and sat beside Steve. 

"Hello?" "Yes, I would like to share some unfortunate news, Ms. L/N." I heard a serious voice on the other line, and my heart dropped more than it already was. "Y-yes...?" I ask worriedly, and I heard the announcer sigh on the other line.

"Your sister, S/N, and your parents have died due to carbon monoxide poisoning. Your sister committed suicide." The person on the other line says. I couldn't breathe. My heart completely stopped. I put the phone down and stare off into space as Steve looked dumbfounded from what he heard. 

"What? What happened!?" Dal asked, scared out of his mind. My face was something that you would see in a horror movie from what terrified I was. How? Why her? I had so many questions, but I just walked out and felt that knot in my throat build up and wanted that gone instantly.

I sobbed so badly, I was basically screaming, and Steve found me, and comforted me through it all. "I'm so sorry..." Steve muttered, hugging me and kissing my head a few times. After a few, I went back to the Curtis's house, and everyone had already known what happened, so they made my day extra special. But still. That broke me.

It broke me bad. Losing my sister. Losing my sanity. It's like losing everything at once, but at least I still have the gang.

For now.

(A/N: Question for today: "Your sister, S/N, and your parents have died due to carbon monoxide poisoning. Your sister committed suicide." - Do you know what movie this death is from? It starts with an 'M'! )