Chapter 13 : Reunion

2 months later

Kazuki POV

"Don't worry Mio, big brother is going to get you out of this mess." I patted my sister's head and she whimpered.

It had been 2 months since I had caught on to Kyoka's scent and I was surprised that she hadn't found us yet. Mio, the surviving twin, was barely alive and the lack of food we got was finally starting to catch up to me.

"I'll go find help Mio; I promise." I got a slight nod and I shut the door to the room.

Kyoka POV

"Ugh, so many tangles." I groaned as I ripped my comb through my hair.

It had been 2 months approximately and my hair had grown down to my waist. Brushing my hair had become a pain in the ass.

"Something the matter?" Muzan asked, shutting the door behind him.

"Just my hair giving me a tough time." I sighed, placing my comb on the floor.

"May I?" He sat down behind me and grabbed the comb. "Stop you sound so stupid!" I laughed. "Not as stupid as you complaining about your hair!" He laughed as he started running the comb through my hair.

"Oh no you don't!" I laughed as I crashed down onto his lap. He bent over and gave me a small kiss on the forehead.

A warm tingly feeling rushed through my veins. It was so unique, his warm breath against my forehead. I almost wanted it to happen again. For him to kiss me. But this time on the lips.

Kazuki POV

That's Kyoka all right. Her laugh is unmistakable.

But why the hell is she with a damn demon!? It's like the same pungent odor that this place has but stronger. He knows I'm here but won't do anything because she's with him.

Mio needs me to find help.

Her life depends on it.

I burst through the door and reached for my sword.

Damn.

The demon's reflexes were so fast I didn't even know what happened.

My right arm had done a full 360 and it felt like every single nerve in my body had been punctured.

"Muzan stop!" My sister screamed and the pain began flooding out just as it had flooded in. I crumpled to the floor and my vision started to blur.

"No, no, no, stay with me Kazuki!" My sister cried and I felt a sharp pain in my arm.

-A FEW MINUTES LATER-

A warm feeling rushed through my body and chased the pain away completely. I sat up and saw my sister crying into the demon's chest and his face was buried in her hair.

"You-you think he'll be alright?" She sobbed. "He'll be fine." He kissed the top of her head.

What the hell does he think he's doing!?

That bastard won't know what hit him once I'm through with him.

I slowly rose to my feet and drew my sword.

"Get off my sister you effing bastard." I pointed my sword at him. "Say that again and you won't be quite as lucky as last time." His red cat-like eyes locked with mine and my arm started to shake.

"Kazuki, I won't let you hurt him." Kyoka stood up and faced me, make-up was smeared all over her face and she'd stopped crying. "Kyoka you're joking. Come on get out of the way." I half laughed. "Kazuki I'm not joking. Drop the sword." Her tone was firm, and her stare hardened.

I slowly lowered my sword and placed it on the ground.

"Happy?" I said, rolling my eyes. "Kazuki I- I'm sorry I got so defensive it's just- I didn't let her finish her sentence. I embraced her in a hug. "I thought you were dead I thought you didn't make it, every day I wandered with Mio looking for you and taking on missions at the same time. I watched Mother, Father, and Akita die but I knew you had to be alive somewhere out there." Tears began streaming down my face.

Kyoka POV

"MIO'S ALIVE!? WHERE THE HELL IS SHE!?" I glanced behind Kazuki wondering if I had somehow missed her or if she was hiding in a corner. "Mio's barely alive, we've been held hostage by a female demon," He said, pulling away from the hug. "So that's what she meant when she said: Don't say a word or your brother and sister die," I said, mimicking Daki's voice.

I'd long pondered what she meant by what she said but hadn't come up with any good leads.

"Lord Muzan look! I caught this damn brat trying to escape!" Daki laughed and she threw little Mio on the floor and blood started gushing out of her right leg. "You damn bastard!" Kazuki screamed, lunging for his sword, only to be slammed against the wall by Daki.

I couldn't move.

My legs had turned to Jello, and I collapsed on the ground.

I've just found the rest of my family that survived and now I might watch them die.

"Now, I know exactly what to do with you." She laughed and revealed hundreds of little knives.

I waited for the pain of the knives piercing my skin.

But it never came.

"How dare you even think of hurting what's mine." Muzan hissed in Daki's ear as he was slowly ripping her hair out. "She's my beauty, she's my treasure, she's mine." He said, now tearing her arms off and refusing them over and over again. "Now leave." He hissed, clearly satisfied with the amount of pain he had caused her. She scrambled out of the room, howling in pain, for he had not let her regenerate herself.

"Mio!" I cried, scrambling to her side when I heard a slight groan. I rolled her onto her back, and I saw a nasty gash on the side of her forehead; it reminded me of Tanjiro's scar.

"Stay with me Mio!" I cried and started rummaging through my bag for the regeneration medicine that I had used on Kazuki.

Nothing.

I couldn't find any in my bag, so I ran towards the drawers and began digging for one of the small medicine jars.

Nothing.

I had used the last of it on Kazuki.

I scooped Mio into my arms and whispered Nakime's name.

The darkness swept around us and Kazuki and Muzan disappeared from sight.