one

"hey you," taylor smiled as she gently closed the door behind her. "i didn't see you out there."

joe looked up from his phone, giving taylor a small smile, "hi darling, sorry. you did amazing!"

taylor removed the small white towel from her shoulders and sighed, making her way towards her vanity to remove her stage makeup.

"are you mad, taylor?"

instead of responding to her boyfriend, she simply kept on wiping away her sweaty face revealing just how little sleep she actually managed to get.

"taylor," joe repeated.

"what, joe?" taylor turned around, "do you know how shitty it feels to play a show in my hometown and not seeing you out there? i come out to have all my close friends bombarding me asking me where my boyfriend is at?"

"geez, tay. why do you care so much what everyone thinks?" joe stands up, "are you really going to let this start an argument?"

"no, joe, why do YOU care so much what everyone thinks? the only reason you weren't out there was because you don't want to be seen at my show," taylor shouted, standing up from her previous position and looking directly at joe.

"this is rubbish. you're being childish, taylor," joe shook his head, a small scoff leaving his lips as he reached for his phone.

"what the hell is on that phone that's more important than us, joe?" taylor shouted once more, reaching for his phone.

joe immediately pulled his phone back, "since when do we look through each other's phones?"

taylor stayed silent. he was cheating. she knew something was going on with her once loving boyfriend. they hadn't been intimate in weeks, which was unusual for the pair. he stopped traveling to her when she was touring, the only reason he attended that night was because of the begging she had done weeks prior. joe not wanting taylor going through his phone just confirmed her suspicions.

"who is she?" taylor spoke.

"what?"

"who's the other girl?"

joe scoffed, "you really fucking think i'm cheating on you?"

"then what is on that phone that is so fucking important?" taylor responded, anger lacing every word.

"here," joe handed her the phone, "take a look for yourself."

terrified, taylor took ahold of his phone. joe's phone revealed the most stunning ring the blonde had ever seen. it was an oval-cut beautiful diamond ring.

"i've been in contact with a lady from new york," joe began, "i wanted to propose, taylor."

taylor couldn't take her eyes off the ring that was displayed on her boyfriend's iphone, "joe..."

"you wanted to propose?" taylor asked, allowing the words spoken to her set in.

"yes," joe began, "i clearly see we're not ready for that yet."

"because i accused you of cheating?"

"no, tay," joe put his phone away, "because you don't trust me. you're away, i'm away, and there is no trust in this relationship."

taylor sat down, "joe, this is only temporary. after this tour we can focus on us, maybe start a family."

"that's exactly what you said after you released evermore. and now you've released yet another album and performing three hour long shows."

"joe," taylor stood up from her vanity and walked towards him. she took a seat next to him on the sofa and grabbed his hand, "baby, this is my job."

"and i understand, darling. but it's never enough for you, you are addicted to this lifestyle. you like this, this is what you've wanted all your life. but this isn't the lifestyle i want."

taylor felt tears beginning to creep on her, "joe what are you saying?"

"what if we do start a family? are you going to leave me to take care of the kids while you're away? are they even going to see you? you can't parent kids through a cellphone screen, taylor."

"joe, i needed to give this to my fans. they deserved this tour, this album, this era," taylor spoke strongly, ignoring the tears escaping her eyes.

"it's always about the fans, taylor," joe let go of her hand, "when will it be about me? about our future? about us?"

"they got me here!" taylor cried, "these people gave me a job! they made my dreams come true, joe!"

joe stood up, "you and i want very different things, tay."

"you want to sing, and write, and tour. i want a wife to come home to."

"and i can't be a wife?" taylor questioned, wiping her tears away.

"you can," joe responded, making his way towards the door of his pop-star girlfriend's dressing room, "but you don't want it like i do."

"joe," taylor spoke softly, her anger being quickly replaced by anxiety and fear. "don't do this."

"this is what's best for us, taylor. you go on and finish your tour, write more albums, win more awards, and live this life your fans have given you."

"i want you to be apart of it, joe," taylor stood up.

"tay," joe reached for his hand. "you'll always be the love of my life."

"then stay..."

"i love you."

and with that, the blonde was left alone.