Chapter 3 : first encounter

Narrator's POV:

We start off with our protagonist ash, who is currently looking at his rotom phone as he is looking at his rank as he is now currently ranked 27. As was walking around with his sceptile out of his pokeball he gets a call from hop. "Hey hop what's up?" Ash responded to hop's call. "Im going to travel around a bit so I can get stronger, so I won't be back for a while." Hop responded back to ash's question. "Alright hop, anyways I've been hearing about a group and I've been wanting to see what they're about." Ash responded and they both said they're goodbyes but as ash puts away his rotom phone he gets noticed by some of the traitors. The group consisted of dawn, may, misty, Paul and max. "No way... is that ash?" Dawn asked the others and once she said this ash turned to face them and so did sceptile. "Yeah, that's the weakling" max tried saying in a mocking tone as ash's EX pikachu joins in with max. "What do you want..." ash spoke to them in a cold and threatening tone. "Let's have a battle ash, one on one." Max said in a mocking tone trying to provoke ash. "If you wish... max." They then both went to a local battle arena as a rotom drone and started to broadcast the battle. Pikachu then got down from max's should and ash looked at sceptile and they both nodded and sceptile then went up to the arena. "Pikachu use quick attack!" Max yelled to pikachu and as pikachu was running towards sceptile, ash spoke to sceptile in a quiet tone. "Sceptile, use counter and then use leaf blade..." And after ash said those words before pikachu could hit sceptile he used counter which sent pikachu back and in the air but before he landed sceptile used leaf blade which sent pikachu flying back. "Max you and your Pokémon don't stand a chance." Ash spoke to max with a slightly mocking tone but he was being 100% serious. As ash made this statement max yelled again "pikachu use thunderbolt!" "Pika-Pika, CHUU!" Pikachu yelled back and fired off a large bolt of lightning. "Sceptile, dodge and use outrage." Ash spoke to sceptile and after he spoke sceptile just dodged lightning bolt and used outrage and ram towards pikachu and proceeded to hit it with such force and power pikachu fainted making ash the winner of that battle. After the battle ash walked away silently as max and the others just grabbed pikachu and went to a Pokémon centre.

Skip a few weeks

We now see our protagonist with his sceptile out of it's pokeball and since we last saw ash he is ranked 9 shared with the gym leader raihan in the masters tournament. And because they share the rank there is only one spot left in the masters 8 and today is the day where ash and raihan are going to have their battle to see who will be apart of the 8 strongest trainers. Before the battle with Ash and Raihan, hop called ash and told him he will be there to watch. Before the battle ash and raihan had a friendly greeting as they both went to the other sides of the arena and chose their first Pokémon.

As the battle starts, Ash chooses sceptile as his first Pokémon. While sceptile manages to evade Flygon's Steel Wing, his leaf blade just about fails to land, leaving sceptile vulnerable against Flygon's hit-and-run strategy. Following a series of Dragon Claws, Gengar is struck by an effective crunch dealing a decent amount of damage damage to it. Hop is getting worried, since losing sceptile now would leave Ash with just two Pokémon against Raihan's three, putting him in a decent disadvantage. As sceptile stood with a decent amount of fatigue stands back up, Raihan asks Ash why he wants to be apart of the masters 8 because to him, the desire to be one of the top ranked trainers needs to be supported. Ash, however, declares that he wishes to become part of the master's 8, and refuses to lose here in order to realize that goal, and that this goal will help his main goal.

Seeing that sceptile is getting surprisingly, Ash changes his initial plans, apologizing to sceptile for not being able to Mega Evolve him as he does not have his sceptile's mega stone on him. But in that instant sceptile used lead blade on Flygon which caused a direct hit. Raihan attempts a counterattack with Crunch, but Flygon is stopped on its tracks by a super effective dual chop, defeating it and evening the odds.

Raihan selects Goodra to be his second Pokémon and has it use Rain Dance, further demonstrating his weather-based strategies. Utilizing the rain to its advantage, Goodra launches a rapid-fire offensive with Thunder, Surf and Hydro Pump, all of which deal devastating blows. Ash considers recalling sceptile, but as he sees its willingness to keep going, Ash decides to keep it out. Goodra attempts another Surf, but this time, sceptile is able to deflect. Sceptile attacks with leaf blade, while Goodra uses Hydro Pump, both moves hitting their targets. As sceptile got hit by hydro pump and goodra got hit by leaf blade they were both fatigued, resulting in a double knockout and leaving both Trainers with one Pokémon each.

Both sides recall their Pokémon and send out their last fighters, charizard and Duradludon While Ash still had his mega ring for charizard and Raihan still has his Dynamax to use, and he puts it to use by immediately Gigantamaxing Duraludon. Charizard uses Flamethrower at max output to slightly weaken Duraludon, before using Dragon dance, which, boosts chairzard's speed and attack. After a second Flamethrower provides equally lackluster results, Raihan starts his counteroffensive with Max Steelspike, which charizard is unable to completely avoid. Raihan then has Duraludon unleash its strongest attack; G-Max Depletion, which envelops the ever so slightly fatigued Charizard in a swirling tornado of energy. To Raihan's surprise, however, Ash is perfectly calm about this situation, as is Charizard, who is Flying still inside the vortex as ash yells "CHARIZARD! MEGA EVOLVE!" as ash yelled this, charizard was engulfed in energy as the vortex fully covered it as it started to charge a Draco meteor.

Ash and charizard minds are in perfect sync as charizard raises it's head as the charging Draco meteor gets stronger over its head, causing the G-Max Move to dissipate around it, much to Raihan's shock. Charizard was unfazed by the attack and was in its mega X form. Charizard X's Draco meteor grows to a large size, and Ash dubs it "G-Max Draco meteor". Raihan orders a counterattack with Max Rockfall, but the abnormally large Draco meteor shoots up into the sky and falls down onto Duraludon. Charizard was able to power through the Max Rockfall and Draco meteor hits Duraludon, knocking it out. Dan declares Ash the winner of the match, causing his and Raihan's rankings to swap. Ecstatic at the victory, Ash and sceptile congratulate charizard for the win. Raihan approaches Ash and concedes defeat before taking a selfie with him, swearing to defeat both him and his personal rival Leon one day and that he had better not lose until then.

And with the conclusion of that battle, ash was apart of the masters 8 with this being that last battle. And after a few days the end of the tournament has arrived as there was a ceremony for the master's 8. In the end ash placed 3rd because he felt no need to fight Leon Cynthiato try and get to challenge Leon for the number 1 spot.

A few weeks after the masters tournament, ash starts to hear of a black rayquaza and two teams of people trying to find it. Seeing as team rocket stopped following ash as he doesn't have his pikachu anymore he decided to find out more about these groups. With this ash books a flight to the current place that the black rayquaza was seen heading. Ash was on his way to paldea. But while ash was on his way to the new region he heard more and more about the teams. He found out that one of the two teams were the explorers and the other team was called the rising volt tacklers. And with this information when he landed in levincia he started to search for the two teams.

Yo, yo, yo. This is where I'm leaving off this chapter. And you lot are lucky, I've published these 3 chapters at the same time rather than every week or so.

1463 words.