Episode 4

Naomi's pov:
Charlotte doesn't message me the whole weekend. She's definateky ignoring me, Nick got over his sun stroke. On Saturday me, Nick and Mum played board games most of the day, David was just himself making snide comments and all that. On Sunday me and Nick packed for Paris and then we had a movie afternoon with mum. Its now Monday morning and mum is dropping us off at school for 8am we had to be there for 8:30 anyways. Me and Nick have just put our luggage under the coach when Charlie and Charlotte arrive. " Hey." Nick. " Hey." Charlie. " Can I help you with that?" Nick. He takes Charlie's suitcase whilst I take Charlotte's. " Thankyou." Charlie. Charlotte just walk over to the door and get on the coach. " Whats going on with her?" Naomi. " I dont know she's been like it all weekend." Charlie. " So you're sure about keeping it low key?" Nick. " Yeah, probably shouldn't sit next to each other on the coach... it could be fun being a secret again." Charlie. " Yeah." Nick. " But I bet you can't last two days without kissing me." Charlie. " Oh I can get on board that train." Naomi. " Is that a challenge i hear?" Nick. " Maybe." Charlie. We walk over to the doors where Mr Ajayi and Mr Farouk are. " Hello you three, Got anything for me Naomi?" Mr Ajayi. " Oh yeah here you go sir." Naomi. " Right then go on get on." Mr Ajayi. When we get on the coach Nick and Charlie went first, Nick sits in front of Tara and Darcy next to Tao and thats when I see Charlotte is sat behind them next to Sahar. Charlie sits across from them next to Isaac so I take the window seat infront of them. I see Elle board the coach. " Elle did you wanna sit next to Tao?" Nick. " No im going to sit with.... Naomi." Elle. She comes up and sits next to me. " Why aren't you and Charlotte sat next to each other?" Elle. " I dont know, think I've done something to upset her but I dont know what and she won't talk to me." Naomi. " Hopefully you can sort it out in Paris." Elle. I look at her before putting in my headphones and turning my music up full blast.... this is going to be the worst few days of my life. We enter the euro tunnel and I take out one earphone and finally start joing the conversation with Elle and the girls. Mr Farouk is dealing with the students at the back, as he comes back down the aisle Darcy collars him. " Sir are we under the water?" Darcy. " Yeah." Mr Farouk. " Then why can't we see any fish?" Darcy. Mr Farouk rolls his eyes as he walks away whilst all the girls just burst out into laughter. " Darcy." Tara. " Its just pitch back." Darcy. " Its not going to be made of plastic." Naomi. " surely there's a reasonable explanation." Darcy. " Oh no." Elle. I'm starting to get anxious now as we have been on the coach for hoursssss.
" Okay were about half an hour away now everyone." Mr Ajayi. The coach erupts into cheers from me as well I just want off this coach. We start to see all the sights of Paris. We finally get to the hotel and off the coach and all head into the lobby to get our room keys. " Omg our rooms are right next to each other." Darcy. " This is going to be the best." Sahar. " Mr Farouk and I will be in room 203 if you need us." Mr Ajayi. " But hopefully you won't." Mr Farouk. Darcy,Sahar and Charlotte run upstairs leaving Tara with Darcy's suitcase. I help her up the stairs with Darcy's suitcase. We all head to our rooms and when I get there Sahar is in there. Imogen walks in behind me. " I thought you were going to share the other room with Tara, Darcy and Elle?" Naomi. " Charlotte asked if I would swap rooms with her on the coach I agreed. Is that okay?" Sahar. " It is for me, I think we were just expecting Charlotte." Imogen. We unpack our bags and them two go next door whilst I just start colouring in my colouring book. Sahar and Imogen decided to share a bed and I have the other one. We head out for dinner that night before getting ready for bed. I dont sleep. I look at my phone and see its 3am. " Hey are you still awake?" Sahar. " Oh hey yeah, I can't sleep." Naomi. " What time is it?" Sahar. " 3am I just checked." Naomi. She gets up and goes over to her bag. "Here try this its a headband but it has earphones inside it should be fully charged, you might be able to sleep if you have music." Sahar. " I can try that thank you." Naomi. I comnect it to my phone and put on the sounds of a waterfall to make me go to sleep. The last thing I remember is checking the time 30 minutes later. When I wake up im surprised I managed to sleep even it was only 4 hours. Its more than I've got over the last couple of days. Imogen and Sahar are still asleep so I get ready for the day before waking them up to go down for breakfast. When we go down I go sit with Tao and Isaac as there was no room where Elle and Sahar were sat, Imogen was with her friends. Mr Ajayi came round with my medication and then we headed out for the day. " We're going to see the Eifel tower, come on." Tara. " Gather round please..... Okay, gang, today, you get to explore Montmartre. There are lots of shops and places to visit, like the Sacré Coeur Church, the Musée de Montmartre." Mr Ajayi. " Thats museum for everyone on this trip who doesn't even take French." Mr Farouk. " Stay in groups please no less that two people." Mr Ajayi. " Hi." Elle. " Hi." Tao. " Meet back here by the coach at 5:00 p.m, please." Mr Ajayi. " And please don't get lost." Mr Farouk. " I'm looking at you." Mr Ajayi. He points towards our group and we all just giggle. " Do you wanna come with us today?" Isaac. " I'd love that." James. " Lets go." Charlotte. " So I think we should start over here." Tara. We all start walking in one direction but Nick just looks towards Imogen and Ben. " Nick come on." Naomi. We are all walking up this hill just talking within the group about what the plan for today is. " I've been craving ice cream all day. I need some ice cream." Nick. " You are so bad." Naomi. " This place is so beautiful." James. " What's the plan?" Nick. " The Musée de Montmartre." Elle. " The museum?" Tao. They both day this at the same time, it brings out disgusted faces from the rest of us. " I dont know, I think museum's are kind of boring." Darcy. " Yeah it'd be nice to just explore." Tara. " But Renoir painted there." Elle. " Yeah, it's a really important place in art history." Tao. " Why don't you two go together then?" Sahar. " Yeah, you two really want to go, go together." Naomi. " We can meet you in a couple of hours?" Charlie. " Just us?" Tao. " Sure." Elle. " Cool. We'll see you in a couple of hours." Tao. " Have fun." Isaac. " Bye." Charlotte. " Take pics." Tara. " Have a good time." Sahar. " See you soon." Charlie. " Bye." Darcy. " You know exactly what you're doing." Nick. " Mischief maker, I've influenced you." Darcy. We were outside this shop i was with Tara and Sahar whilst Charlotte was with Nick and Charlie. James and Isaac were off somewhere. Darcy comes out of the shop with this I ❤ Paris hoodie. " Oh Darcy I need one of those, let me look they have one in my size im having it." Naomi. We are then heading to get Ice cream and Darcy finds this statue. Her and Tara get some pictures with it. We head to these steps near an ice cream cart with an amazing view. Me Charlie and Tara stay sat on the steps whilst the others go and get ice cream. Sahar was getting my ice cream. Darcy was getting Tara's and Nick was getting Charlie's.
Charlotte's pov.
So most of us went to get ice cream. Tara, Charlie and Naomi stayed at the steps. " Thanks for inviting me to hang out with you guys. My friends just wanted to find the nearest McDonalds." James. " Its fine. Um...it's nice that we get a chance to hang out outside the library for once." Isaac. "Yeah. It's nice just to be around other gay people. You guys have such a cool friendship group." James. " Yeah." Isaac. " Yes, monsieur?" Vendor. " puis-je avoir deux boules de chocolat." Nick. We all look between each other questioningly, since when could Nick speak fluent French. " oui bien sûr. es-tu anglais?" Vendor. " oui, je suis en voyage scolaire." Nick. " pas question que ton français soit très bon." Vendor. Oh my lord he's still going, I wish I'd have got Nick to help me with my French I definately would have passed. " Ah merci." Nick. " Ummm since when could you speak French like an actual French person?" Sahar. " Oh my dads French." Nick. " Since when?" Darcy. " Since... his birth." Nick. He looks so confused right now like were speaking a language he doesn't know. We all start laughing. " Why did we not know this? Can Naomi speak French like you?" Charlotte. " She's not as good because her and our dad don't really get along, but yeah she could definately have a conversation in French." Nick. " Thats the first time you've mentioned her on this trip. Everything okay?" Darcy. " I just thought we were both on the same page, thats all." Charlotte. " Are you on about Ben's Snapchat story from like before Paris??" Nick. " You saw that?" Charlotte. " We all did." Sahar. " Can we please stop talking about this." Charlotte. We let Nick order the rest of our ice cream orders as it was way easier.
Naomi's pov.
" How are things between you and Nick?" Tara. Charlie was taking pictures on his phone. " Really good. Why? Does it look like we're not okay?" Charlie. " It looks like Nick is is so in love with you. It's a bit unbearable to watch sometimes." Tara. " I can agree with that me being his sister and all." Naomi. " I suppose I'm sort of... jealous of you and Darcy. You're out, and you can hold hands and kiss and... I really want that. But I dont want Nick to get bullied like I was." Charlie. " He could handle it you know especially if its stressing you out." Naomi. " It takes time. It took ages for me to even feel comfortable calling myself a lesbian, and... and we were so scared of what people might say at school,so we didn't tell anyone about us for months. But eventually, we stopped caring about all those people. We just realised...... me and her were all that mattered. You and Nick will get to that point, I know you will." Tara. Charlie smiles thinking about her words. " I'm jealous of you and Nick in some ways too." Tara. " What? Why?" Charlie. " You both talk about your feelings. But Datcy just makes everything into a joke. It's hard to get her to open up." Tara. " I get where your coming from Charlotte's the same." Charlie. " Yeah it's hard I mean me and her and you and Nick got together around the same time but me and Charlotte haven't sat down and had a conversation about our pasts. She doesn't know about Ben, she doesn't know about my dad, I know nothing about her family other than she lives with her aunt, Uncle and cousins." Naomi. " I said I love you to Darcy last week and.... she didn't say it back. I feel like maybe she didn't even want to." Tara. " I'm sure she does want to. And Paris is the perfect place to have that conversation." Charlie. Tara chuckles and we all have a quick hug before Darcy comes running over squealing. She plonks herself in between me and Tara. " Absolute disaster! Jonsey, they were out of mint choc chip, so I had to get us Strawberry." Darcy. " Shall we go sit down there? It's a better view." James. Sahar hands me my ice cream before following James and Isaac, Charlotte also follows. Next to leave is Tara and Darcy I debate it but decide to stay sat where I am and just put in my headphones to give Nick and Charlie some space. After a little bit more sight viewing we head to meet Tao and Elle. " I'm hungry." Darcy. " We're trying to find somewhere." Tara. " Elle!!" Charlotte. " So?" Tara. " It was fun. It was really fun." Elle. " Mm-hmm?" Sahar. " Anddd?" Tara. " We're just friends again." Elle. " As if. As if. As if." Darcy. " Thats it!!" Elle. " There's more to it." Naomi. " No! No, no." Elle. " Girlss, Imogens joining us, were going to the sacré coeur right?" Charlie. " Yeah I think that the plan." Naomi. As we are walking back to the coach afterwards Elle, Nick and Imogen are up ahead, im behind them but in front of Charlie, Tao, Isaac and James with my headphones in and then behind the boys is Tara, Darcy, Sahar and Charlotte. Tao starts dancing and walking weirdly and ends up bumping into me. " Oh Naomi are you okay?" Tao. " Yeah im alright." Naomi. " Sorry I didn't mean to." Tao. " Tao it's fine im fine." Naomi. " And that why we walk normally." Charlie. " Taowuh stop!" Tara. " Who does he think he is?" Darcy. We get to the coach and head for dinner near the hotel. Its absolute chaos as you can imagine. " Everyone sit down." Mr Ajayi. As we sit down there's a seat inbetween me and Charlie, im about to move up when Ben sits in that seat..... Great. Charlie moves as close to Tao as possible but on my other side is Harry. The food starts coming out and everyone starts cheering. Tao has ordered something disgusting. " Here we go. We're in France. It had to be done." Tao. " Mm. I feel sorry for you and your terrible decisions." Elle. " No don't do it, don't do it, dont do it." Darcy. Nick starts rattling the table just encouraging him more, of course he does. " No!" Charlotte. " Yes Tao!" Nick. Imogen and Darcy have shut their eyes and covered their mouths." Tao!" Charlie. " Are you okay?" Darcy. " That is disgusting." James. " Thats Tao for you." Isaac. " Can you breathe?" Darcy. Everyone erupts into laughter as he desperately reaches for the glass of water. My food come out and I start eating quietly, I don't feel comfortable this always happens I can just feel an outburst building inside me. " Haven't spoken to you two properly in ages. How was you first day in Paris?" Ben. I can see Nick visibly tense this is definately his worst nightmare. Imogen also doesn't look that happy. Nicks about to say something but... " Not interested in how my day was then?" Imogen. " Whya re you in a mood with me?" Ben. " Because your supposed to be my boyfriend! But instead, you've got some sort of obsession with Charlie." Imogen. " What are you trying to say?" Ben. " I dont know why your obsessed with Charlie! And, to be honest, I don't even care. All I know is you're a terrible boyfriend and I deserve better. I'm breaking up with you. Your energys off! And clearly you have some issues that you need to resolve before your ready for a relationship. And im not going to wait around for you! I think its time I focused on myself." Imogen. I'm finding it harder and harder to stay still and my leg starts bouncing. " If you don't wanna be with me anymore, that's fine, but you don't have to be such a b!tch about it." Ben. " Benjamin, language." Mr Ajayi. There's a chorus of ohhs around us. " Pipe down." Mr Farouk. " Theres no need to call her a b!tch. What?" Harry. Everyone is looking around at each other. Ben scoffs loudly from the side of me. " Fine then." Ben. He pushes his chair back loudly and throws done his napkin and walks off. Imogen walk off to the toilets as she looks like she's about to cry. Nick and Charlie look at each other before getting up and heading after Imogen. " She's done nothing wrong." Elle. " He gives me such like, stinky energy. Like stinky energy." Tao. " Stinky like a smell." Darcy. I can't handle it anymore I get up and head out for the hotel, if I'm gonna have an outburst I'd rather not do it onfront of everyone.
Charlotte's pov.
Naomi just ran out and no one seemed to know, Nick isn't here so I go after her, I know I'm probably the last person she wants to see but I still care about her. And Nick and the others got me thinking earlier, can I really trust something I saw on Ben's story? I hear Mr Ajayi calling after me but I dont listen, i'll deal with the consequences later. I follow Naomi all the way back to her hotel room, lucky she had the key. When I got there she was already throwing her clothes around the room, she grabs a picture and throws it i run over to her and grab her sitting on the bed. She struggles so hard to get out of my hold but I dont let her, eventually she falls asleep and I put her to bed. I tidy up all her clothes and put the picture and frame together. The picture is fine it just needs a new frame, i'll sort that in the morning. They all finally come back and Imogen and Sahar came into the room. " Oh sorry thought you would be next door." Sahar. " No im gonna sleep in here tonight if that's okay." Charlotte. " We don't mind." Imogen. " We will just go and let the others know." Imogen. As they walk out Mr Ajayi and Mr Farouk walk in I quickly cover the photo. " I expect you to listen to me next time." Mr Ajayi. " Sorry sir it's just that Nick was busy and I knew this was going to happen." Charlotte. " Does this have something to do with her ADHD?" Mr Farouk. " Yes I knew it would happen, because of the conflict at dinner and I haven't really been helping I knew dinner would send her over the edge. Nick usually helps her but he was with Imogen so I've been with her before and knew what to do." Charlotte. " So she'll be okay?" Mr Ajayi. " Yeah this is normal she just goes straight to sleep afterwards, she'll wake up in the morning still a little anxious but her meds in the morning should help." Charlotte. " Okay, next time just tell us alright? We'll talk to you both tomorrow." Mr Ajayi. Imogen and Sahar come back in and we all just go on our phones to cheer ourselves up.