Chapter 4: Who Are You In The Dark

Everyone sat silently in your apartment, so quiet you could hear a pin drop. The only thing breaking the silence was the ringing of Sam's phone. The room was tense, the news on the TV had just announced that there had been a killing of two Blackmore students, which would normally be sad but skimmed over by the crew. Except for the fact that a Ghostface mask had been found at the scene. The already cautious Sam started panicking, telling Tara to pack her shit up so they could leave town when the phone rang. Although the contact on her cell showed 'Gale Weathers' nobody was willing to pick up the phone. The risk of it being Ghostface on the line was too much, and even if it wasn't the Carpenter sisters had a bit of a grudge against her.

As the Carpenter sisters started to bicker, there was a loud knock at the door. "Dude, I told you to leave before" Chad shouts, assuming it was the neighbor who had come upstairs with Sam earlier. "Open the door" the voice shouted. It was definitely not the neighbor, the voice was feminine and much more stern. Sam opened the door and you heard a gasp, "Kirby?" "Hi Sam, it's so nice to see you again." clearly the two knew each other, but what was Kirby doing here? Sam mirrored your thoughts, asking the same question. "I work with the FBI now, you're needed down at the station."

The two left the apartment, along with Tara to head to the station. The severity started to sink in, this wasn't just a coincidence, Ghostface was back, and was after your friend group. The others started to pack their things, ready to head home to hopefully get some sleep, and prepare themselves. Anxiety started to set in at the thought of being alone in your apartment. Ethan places his hand over yours "if you want I can stay? Y'know, so you're not alone with a killer on the loose." "Yea- yeah, that sounds like a good idea."

Save for you and Ethan, the apartment was empty. Chad was back in his apartment with Wes and Mindy and Anika were in their shared dorm. It was weird, you knew little about Ethan except for what you had learned in the past 2 weeks (which was mainly that he really liked Star Wars and didn't know how to cook) and the few things that Chad had told you, which wasn't much considering how closed off they could both tend to be. In hindsight, it would have been a better idea to just stay alone, or maybe ask Mindy and Ani to stay. It was too late for that now though. It was almost 1am, and any slight adrenaline from earlier was fully starting to wear off. You handed Ethan some clothes to change into and he went into the shower. You were in your room, clothes strewn about as you took out your pajamas.

It was a little while later now, the both of you had finished getting ready. "I'll... sleep on the couch?" Ethan asked. Despite the fact you barely knew him, you figured it was a better idea for him to sleep in your room with you. Maybe it was the fact that you had gotten so close to him at the party, or maybe your subconscious knew something you didn't. Either way you reassured him "I think it's better if you sleep in my room, so I can keep an eye on you." "Of course, never too safe right." Had you not been entirely sleep deprived and possibly a little bit desperate to be close to him, you would've been more embarrassed about how messy your room was. And you probably would have remembered the catsuit laying in the mess of clothes on the floor. But it had been a long night. Ethan on the other hand was a tad bit more alert. He already existed in perpetual fight or flight mode. So when he walked in and scanned your room, he immediately noticed the titular outfit on the floor. And if he wasn't him, he probably would have brushed it off, but he couldn't. "So were you ever gonna say anything about being a superhero, pinky?"