~* This World Can Be Cruel.. - Chapter 1 *~

Charlie was running around in the trees of the forest, her clothes ripping slightly more with her carelessness. She was out looking for food as she couldn't hold out her hunger for a day longer, her town was very "caring" with the food you could say. Leaping in the trees until she slid her way down, she was near her favorite place! The bread baker: A simple stand with faded red fabric as a cover and boxes on boxes of bread!

She tried sneaking her away to grab a loaf since no one seemed to be looking, "Oi! Keep out of my damn bread basket you filthy rat!" Charlie flinched, moving her head toward the noise, a big old man running to her while waving a dirty broom. "Go on! Scram! You ugly pest!" Charlie quickly took two loaves and started running as fast as she could, she knew that baker wouldn't like that so she held both loaves to her chest as her tail slid on the ground. "HEY! DROP THAT BREAD YOU GOD FORSAKEN DIRTY RAT!" She ran for the trees, quickly throwing the bread up on the trunk then climbing up there herself so the baker couldn't get her. "Where did that dumb rat go with my bread?! I know you can hear me so listen to me carefully as I won't say this another time. Once I find you I will beat you to a raisin, you understand?! Good."

The old man walked away, going back to his stand, while Charlie was in the trees crying while eating a piece of bread. She's always tried to ignore the threats that she would get but it does get desperately hard to.. I just wanted some food.. How long will I have to stay here until I find a new place?.. Charlie shoved the rest of the bread into her saggy bag that she made out of stolen fabric, and continued jumping from tree to tree. She looked around for a good spot to nap for a while, she didn't feel like dealing with society at the moment. It worried her, being in a big group. Her eyes spotted a comfortable spot in a tree not too far away, she leaped to it and curled up into a sleeping position. After placing her bag in a branch, she tried falling asleep.

She woke up to the sound of laughing children and what felt like pinches from where she was, she slowly opened her eyes and looked toward her left. "Hey look! The rabid raccoon woke up!" It was a group of three dirty kids, all three of them laughing at her. "We can see you up there you mute raccoon girl!" One of the children yelled out while throwing a rock at her, "Hey why don't we chase her?" The other kids looked  happily and nodded, "Good idea!" The kids kept grabbing rocks and throwing them at her, Charlie moved her position. Trying to slowly get out of the tree, sliding off of the trunk and running away, "Oh look! She's already running! Seems like she's ready to play boys!" All three of them started to run after her, grabbing handfuls of rocks and throwing them at her one by one. She was a short kid so the other children caught up to her fast but they couldn't fit in as many small places like she could, she kept running but her stamina was lower than the children so she had to think of something and fast! They were running by the river, it was a dark evening by then so the clear looking waters weren't so clear at the moment. One of the kids grabbed her and laughed while looking at the river,

"Hey look! A river! It would be unfortunate if a sad disgrace like you fell in... Oops! You did."

The kid dropped her into the river, as Charlie screamed. The other kids looked shocked that the one that looked like the leader would take this far, the child laughed. The two other kids were stunned, not expecting this. A shooting star shot through the black sky as Charlie looked up, A..A shooting star.. I wish to never be mistreated ever again! Please shooting star please! Charlie sunk in the water, she looked to her right. A young lady with gorgeous long dark pink hair was shouting, was she shouting at her? Or the child that threw her in? She couldn't tell her vision was getting blurry and her words were drowned out, she didn't have enough strength to pull herself out as she was getting pushed by the darkened waters. Her eyes closed shut, her last glance was the lady running closer to the river but this time.. She thought she could actually hear what she said..

"No! Open your eyes please!"

.

..

...

..

.

(Thank you for reading this chapter I appreciate it dearly! 813 words!)