one

irl, text messages, social media

Kota

well..this is not how i expected to start my senior year. last night i found out that my boyfriend of 2 and a half years was dating another girl. this shit SUCKS. I have to go to school today and I do not want to. I know that I'll have Ameila by my side, but we only have 2 classes. the rest of my classes are with either Trevor or Jack. which is going to be awkward since I also overheard Trevor say that he's crushing on me last night.

at school

I don't know how I'm supposed to do this. I haven't talked to Jake since I saw the post last night and I really don't want to. but I know it has to be done.

text messages

jake 💕

pls answer me.

kota

im begging you.

i didn't mean for you to
find out this way

please answer so i
know you're okay

dakota.

                                                 if we are gonna talk
                                              it has to be in person.

okay.

irl

"before you say anything. please let me explain what happened" jake said, "Emily and i had some history before you and i started dating. before i even knew you. I thought I would end up with her, but then she got a boyfriend, and you and I met, and you were just gonna be a rebound. BUT then I really got to know you and I fell HARD for you Kota. I really do love you. she reached out a couple months ago and said her and her boyfriend recently broke up and wanted to know if we could catch up. I should have said...." I cut him off there.

"you should have said no Jake. it's that simple you had a girlfriend. you shouldn't be entertaining other girls when you have a girlfriend. there is no excuse for that Jake. I don't want to hear anymore of this sob story. we are done. end of discussion. end of us." I walk away from him not wanting to hear anymore.

I get to my first period and there's only one open seat. great. it's by Trevor. I really don't want to deal with his antics today but I guess I have to.

listen. I have nothing personally against trevor but he's very loud in the mornings and I cannot deal with that this morning.

he seems to sense my stress "you okay kota? i know what happened last night and that was...well" he says "I'm okay, definitely been better but nothing i can't get through after a while"

"but you guys were together for 2 and a half years and he just threw it all away for her?"

"yea, I guess he did. but that was his decision to make, not mine, and he decided to do it and cheat. so he lost me"

"well if there's one thing I know, it's that I definitely wouldnt do that to you"

"what-" I'm cut off by the teacher starting class, now I'm stuck in my own thoughts. did he really just say that? did he just say he wouldn't cheat on me if I were his? was I hearing things.